Help with LQ1 swap.

qwick6

I pulled a LQ1 and transmission out of 95 Grand Prix and installed it in my 95 vert, I try to start it and it will not turn over.

Im not sure if its related but there is a purple wire that someone over time has butt connected into the wiring harness. If anyone knows where it goes please do tell.

001.jpg

Another question I have is where do these connectors go.

002.jpg

Jesus, that's a lot of unplugged plugs.......

In the second pic, I think the biggest one goes into a female harness/pigtail of the same type, the red wire one is just a fuel pump test lead, and the other two are intake related. I think the 3 wire is for maf, 2 wire for air intake temp?

You guys are right about the plugs I got them figured out. Any ideas about the purple wire.

Another thing I just thought of was that I swapped the entire Prix harness into the vert, would that mess with the vats.

Edited by qwick6

Heh I've been there so many times. Shouldnt be too hard. First off what is the problem? Is it not getting spark/fuel or is it not getting a crank signal to send power to the starter?

Here a couple ideas

No spark? - This almost always has to do with the oil level sensor. If it is unplugged or the wiring got ripped it will not supply spark to the engine.

Does not crank? - Step one would to to see if it is getting a signal from the interior of the car. You can check for the signal at the c100. If you are getting the signal from the interior then the PCM is refusing to send the signal through for some reason.

In any case you can use a screwdriver to jump the power wire stud to the solenoid stud on the starter to crank it just to see if it will run.

Just an update for future searchs.

I pulled the engine back out today and swapped back to the original harness from the vert and reinstalled the engine. The car started right up so Im not sure exactly the problem but it must have been a break in the harness.

Thx to all for the help.