04 Comp G Audio Issues

Addicted To Boost

I'm trying to figure out what is messed up with the sound system on my Comp G. If you listen to the radio at more than moderate volume, it sounds like one of the rear deck speakers are blown and there is only treble to the music... no bass at all, even with it on the highest setting on the HU. However, Buck said the previous owner of this car had a subwoofer in the trunk and all that junk and he may have blown the amplifier on the rear deck. Is there any way to test the amplifier? I know next to nothing about anything audio, so any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Check the speakers to make sure they aren't blown? Not really a way to test the amplifier short of just connecting it all the way it was supposed to be connected from the factory.

I unplugged one of the rear speakers and it sounds MUCH better, so that one must be blown. There is still however, mostly treble and not much bass.

Find the factory amp and see if its getting power... the same thing happened with my GP. I put a base model radio in it, which didnt have a function to turn the amp on so the audio was very shitty and had next to no bass.

I unplugged one of the rear speakers and it sounds MUCH better, so that one must be blown. There is still however, mostly treble and not much bass.

Are they factory speakers or aftermarket?

Factory.

Without seeing the car, there's not much I'll be able to do. It is possible that they are both blown. Do you have another speaker elsewhere that you can test with?

I don't. I'm sure I could probably find one though. Do they usually come with a pigtail to plug into the factory wiring?

Depends on which car you pull them from. They normally just come with two speaker leads that you'd fit quick connects over or solder them.

You could in fact plug in just about any speaker and see if it produces some bass.

To check, how many wires are going to each speaker?

Also something I noticed when I was loading the tires... If I bumped the amp, it went on and off. There was an audible difference. It's possible there is just a loose connection or something

Also something I noticed when I was loading the tires... If I bumped the amp, it went on and off. There was an audible difference. It's possible there is just a loose connection or something

Yeah, that would be good to know, lol. Trace all of the wires and make sure they're all connected. I'm not sure if the ground is part of the amplifier harness or not, but that might also be something to look into.

Not exactly sure what I did, but I made sure all the wires are plugged into the amp securely and it sounds better now. Not a a whole lot of bass, but definitely better than it was before. It seems like it could more than likely just use a pair of new speakers.