New guy.. 92 grand prix 3.1L with problem

nieck85

My service engine light came on. The code was 43. Electronic spark timing module or sensor... replaced crankshaft sensor. oh and the car runs good idle but put it into gear, you can feel a difference in the gas but not bad.... I did that yesterday.. and light is still on same code. today drove fine for about an hour and then started running like it is missing... replaced plugs, wires, and got a module and coil pack from a junk yard that I know works. still the same problem light is still on same code and still runs like it is missing... Did a ohms test on the crank sensor and it read 1.120 before and after.... I need some help wondering if it bad wires from coil to crankshaft sensor?!?

Ignition Control Modules are very common to fail on these. Remove it and have it tested a few times at your local auto parts store. They usually fail when they get hot, so that's why they need to be tested more than once... get it good and hot.

My service engine light came on. The code was 43. Electronic spark timing module or sensor... replaced crankshaft sensor. oh and the car runs good idle but put it into gear, you can feel a difference in the gas but not bad.... I did that yesterday.. and light is still on same code. today drove fine for about an hour and then started running like it is missing... replaced plugs, wires, and got a module and coil pack from a junk yard that I know works. still the same problem light is still on same code and still runs like it is missing... Did a ohms test on the crank sensor and it read 1.120 before and after.... I need some help wondering if it bad wires from coil to crankshaft sensor?!?

Yes, check your knock sensor as Robert says .. I had a Lumina Euro 3.1 that ran like shit until I replaced the knock sensor wiring. When it detects no connection it pulls timing like a bitch and the car has no balls and likes to stall out. I'd wager the pigtail is messed up... knock sensors don't go bad often in my experience.