Decide the Color of Project Saarcar

RobertISaar

really.

i was certain i was going to go with some color other than white(preferably black), but then i started looking for pics of other white 1G GPs after seeing nate's 91...

and now i don't know.:shrug:

so, W-body forum, i charge you with the following task: post the best 1G GP pics you know of, prove to me that i shouldn't keep the 91SE white.

i'd add a poll, but there are so many possible combinations of exterior options it would be quite limited.

the only restriction: due to me being in OH, MI and IN a lot of the times, tint is limited by law to 35% on the rear passenger windows and the rear window itself to keep me legal in all 3 states.

i did some shooping of the following photo to display what the car currently would look like with me just redoing it in all white after all of the panel rust is taken care of. note the CS wheels and the non-B4U body. i'd LIKE to make the current combo work, somehow, but if something so irresistible comes up, all bets are off.

okNUk.jpg

you have until bodywork season comes around, which from the looks of it will be late april/early may.

GO!

black: like

5%: like, but illegal as hell

lowered: like

5 spokes: like

19" 5 spokes: ? seems a bit too much for me. 17, MAYBE 18 i could live with. i may only be 22, but i feel like i'm 50.

Go to the eye doctor and get a prescription for tint. My friend just did that and he gave it to him. I think I'll try that too.

Also, I know down in your area the cops are bad about tint. My friends in Hillsdale used to get pulled over all the time because their Crossfire had tint from when they lived out of state.

http://www.tintcenter.com/laws/MI/

apparently, through the investigative work of Andrei, it has been determined that:

you cannot be cited in a state not your own if your car is legal in the state in which it was registered

this applies to front/rear plates as well as window tints and exhaust.

so rear passenger and rear windows are pretty much free range instead of 35%.

You guys keep telling him 20%, 15%, 5% tint when he said he wanted to keep it legal lol

I think the white you have in the pic, legal windows, mild drop, 17s with split 5-spoke wheels :)

garage_attachment.php?id=729

/thread

x eleventy billion.

This colour.

These wheels in this colour.

These taillights.

Short of doing a B4U kit install, this is as good as it gets.

seems i need to perfect my bondo'ing technique if i'm staying a lighter color...

i confirmed this with my dad, since he does occasional bodywork, but the uber-cheap gallons of bondo with the red cream filler? apparently it reacts somehow with lighter colored paints and makes them yellowish. i called BS when i first heard about thism but i went and grabbed the center caps from the 90GP wheels, since i had bondo on them to remove the pontiac script, and there it was, my perfect white finish on them looked like they were soaked in piss for a year.

seems the only way to get away from that is to use a sealer over(or was it under?) the primer, something i've never needed to do before.

it does seem like i need to find myself some crosslaces though.... i'm sure my dad's powdercoating setup can make a nice finish on them.

what to do with the pie wheels, though? winters? i don't want to drive this car in the winter, it's not trashed enough underneath. 4 full-sized spare tires?