Need new headlights for my GP

AWeb80

The GM dealer 3 miles from my house wants $45 A PIECE....give me a phucken break, O'reillys has them for 23 a piece.

If these lights are so freaking expensive, are there any high intensity lights out there....O it's my High lights that are out.....(and for those who like to state the obvious :P - yes the connections are good, just the lights are bad.)

3 ?'s

1. What brands of High beam headlights can i get that are better than the stock ones....ex: High intensity

2. Just the same as 1, but for low beam headlights.

3. Brands of foglights that are high intensity.

I figure, so shit doesn't look wierd and uneven with regular and high intensity mixed together, i'm thinking of switching everything to high intensity at the same time.

My driver side lowbeam lense has a rock hole in it, so the lense needs replaced anyways.

Junkyards, junkyards, junkyards... otherwise you will pay $25+ a lense new.

- Erik

i paid $34 a piece for one lense. honestly please do me a favor and dont change every bulb to HID. i did only my low beams and left the fogs regular 880s. it looks really good that way and thats how the cars with real HIDs do it it. fogs and hi beams are regular headlamps while the low beams are a $2k gas charged system. really the only advantage with those HID bulbs is appearance, and imo they dont even look good on cars. i think our W cars are the only ones they look real good on without looking too fake or ricey. stick with plain 9005s for the highs, noones going to be seeing them anyways since you have to turn them off when you do see somebody, and i guess follow the instructions on eriks page for the low beams. i just recommend you save some time and money by only doing the lows

stick with plain 9005s for the highs, noones going to be seeing them anyways since you have to turn them off when you do see somebody,

Because looks are so much more important than improved lighting.

I'd say your best bet is to try the modification with the new bulbs in the old housing, but I've also heard that it's tough to get the bulbs out sometimes. So if worse comes to worse you'll be stuck with stockers.

stick with plain 9005s for the highs, noones going to be seeing them anyways since you have to turn them off when you do see somebody,

Because looks are so much more important than improved lighting.

I'd say your best bet is to try the modification with the new bulbs in the old housing, but I've also heard that it's tough to get the bulbs out sometimes. So if worse comes to worse you'll be stuck with stockers.

lol yeah. actually getting the bulbs out of the housing isnt the problem. its glueing them in tight and properly that is. if they arent glued in perfectly air tight moisture will get in and your bulb will be ruined. i have to let the glue sit overnight for it to cure properly

and the HID bulbs are all over ebay for cheap

Since it hasn't been said yet, just in case someone here doesn't know yet, the cheap bulbs on eBay aren't real HID. Real HID bulbs come with transformers, wiring harnesses, etc.... The ones on ebay are slightly higher wattage if that, with a blue tint to the glass that makes the light whiter.

Also, the regal bulbs and grand prix 4 door do not share a headlight style with the 2 door, the 2 door GP and CS have sealed beam headlights that require assembly replacement unless you modify them.

Anyone?

Have you considered the cheap way of replacing your headlights?

Have a look: W-Body Performance [ TTs - Quad Headlight Modification ]

- Erik

Hey Erik, replacing bulbs in the lumina like that? Or are they different altogether? Im asking cause I wanna put some Sylvania Silverstars in there, those things look nice, a few of my friends have them. My lights seem dim right now too, so hopefully this will help out. Lemme know

Thanks

John

Edit: Quoted the wrong post, my bad :)

Hey Erik, replacing bulbs in the lumina like that? Or are they different altogether? Im asking cause I wanna put some Sylvania Silverstars in there, those things look nice, a few of my friends have them. My lights seem dim right now too, so hopefully this will help out. Lemme know.

The Quad Mini's are different from lense / bulbs headlights.

The mini's are sealed filliments and lenses so it's a whole replacement.

You Lumina takes only a replacement bulb, since the lense stay on the car.

They were available on the Cutlass and Grand Prix coupes.

- Erik

Hey Erik, replacing bulbs in the lumina like that? Or are they different altogether? Im asking cause I wanna put some Sylvania Silverstars in there, those things look nice, a few of my friends have them. My lights seem dim right now too, so hopefully this will help out. Lemme know.

- Erik

Oooo. Cool. Im gonna go googling to figure out how to replace them then. thanks alot

John

- Erik

Oooo. Cool. Im gonna go googling to figure out how to replace them then. thanks alot

John

All you have to do is turn the actual bulb from the rear of your light housing and put the new one in. I have Silvania Cool Blue for my lows and Silvania Silver Stars for my Highs... The lows don't look blue they are just alot whiter that the OEM ones, which i find a hellavo alot better.

hey look in stores for those new headlight housings that replace older housings. they look like brand new lights in 2003-04' cars, you just choose the bulb and put it in, i think they have our size but of course according to the place u shop