Digi UB3 adapter

94 olds vert

redline should be datastream configurable. or at least, the redline is transmitted over the stream at the same time as some other items that the DIS uses for its calculations.

• 1 year later...

A few things I have learned recently. My temp, fuel, and volt gauges work perfectly. I have not messed with any of those. The oil pressure does not work which bugs me. I need to get that fixed. I thought that the memory would not work for the odo and trip because I did not hook the memory wire to something that is always hot like the radio for example. For some reason it is working and I am not questioning it. Your results may very.

Does anyone know how I could make the shift light function?

Yesterday, I rolled 104k

MqxRWsH.jpg

shift light would normally be controlled by the ECM's TCC circuit when used with a manual trans......

so, you could hook it up, but it would only function as a TCC indicator.

Hmm...I was hoping the shift light would come on when the trans shifted. I thought that would be cool.

When the low fuel light comes on the ub3 it doesn't show up on the HUD. Once I hit 40 miles range on the DIS the fuel thing showed up on the HUD. I obviously wired something wrong. Lol

Hmm...I was hoping the shift light would come on when the trans shifted. I thought that would be cool.

When the low fuel light comes on the ub3 it doesn't show up on the HUD. Once I hit 40 miles range on the DIS the fuel thing showed up on the HUD. I obviously wired something wrong. Lol

i tend to feel every shift already, but if you really wanted a visual indicator..... with two shift solenoids, an external circuit could be used to light up the indicator for however many seconds whenever one of the solenoids changes states. probably wouldn't be too complex(a couple of 555s in one-shot mode?), but it seems like a lot of effort to me.

low fuel should show up on the HUD based on cluster signal, not DIS..... I'm not sure what is going on there.

I am trying to get the oil pressure gauge to read the proper amount. I have a oil pressure switch in a 1994 3.4 car. Which I understand has two wires. A oil pressure sensor from a 91-92 3.4 has three wires. Or so I have read. I don't know if that is true or not.

I have also read on a couple of threads about people needing to add extra wires, but I think that was for people who didn't have a oil gauge before.

I have also read there is a resistor in the line that can be cut out.

I am having a hard time what to do with all this info. Anyone know for sure how to do make the oil pressure gauge work?

Also, HOOK UP YOUR CHECK ENGINE LIGHT. I know you said your gauges light, but either way, make sure they're both hooked up. I mispinned mine by 1 wire the first time and didn't realize I didn't have a functioning check engine light, which would have been helpful in not blowing up my engine because of a massive radiator hole.

Apperently, it works. Lol

The light came on yesterday.

the long versions of the sensor/switch are the sensors, the stubby ones are switches. they should all have 3 pins on them.

• 1 year later...

Alright I need to get on this. Ive got the cluster unit but nothing else and chances are good there wont be any donor cars to get a harness from. Now I`m sure I can get an analog cluster`s attached female end to make part of a harness but is there a way around not having the digital UB3 pigtail?

I think you could get a 1994 CS pig tail and get like a foot of it, then repin it to a 1990 CS digi ub3 connector, if that makes sense. Essentially you make a digi ub3 pig tail from something newer. I think that will work.

Alright I need to get on this. Ive got the cluster unit but nothing else and chances are good there wont be any donor cars to get a harness from. Now I`m sure I can get an analog cluster`s attached female end to make part of a harness but is there a way around not having the digital UB3 pigtail?

Get it from another 1G and repin it. You also gotta shave off the tabs on the plastic

• Like 1

I`ll check a few yards to compare connectors, like Nas said one might be trimmed down to work. Ive kept my eye out for even the base digital cluster but I only ever saw one years ago and didn't think to grab the harness.

The logical thing to do would be to grab 2 connectors from a Lumina/Monte Carlo cluster. I say 2 because there will be some wires missing (IIRC) so you may have to add some. 

I have to do this mod too, as my car is quickly approaching 142k (what my digi cluster has) and I want to be as close in mileage as possible. I was going to use a Lumina cop car harness but ended up finding a 90 CS with a UB3. So I now have the wiring for the cluster.

All I have to do is find a way to make a connector to my 94's harness even though I don't plan on switching back to the analog cluster.

Might there be a smaller clip than these that would be insulated to plug directly to the pins of the cluster eliminating the need for the plastic part?

600_450_Reprap_Prusa_Wiring_04.jpg

Find a 94 CS and rip open the cluster, and pull out the male end in the cluster. That will plug into your car.

I have the male end out of a 98 Lumina I just don't know where to find those clips rich posted in the picture above my post.