Im Back!

z34Phoenix

WoHoo! thanks Lukez34 for fixing my SN

hey all! i had been away from modding my car for a few years and started back into it. and just in the nick of time. i got back into maint and modding back toward the beginning of the year and was planing an engine swap for next year, when my DOHC decided it had was its time to die. 224,000 miles on her. the timing belt was good but the entire set of cams was no longer in time with the crank. so something between there jumped.

in the DOHC's place is a 3800 out of a 98 Z34. i have a topswap that i am porting and it should be going on at the end of this year. im aiming to be able to drop another full second in the 1/4 mile. so just inside the 13's but the swap to a 3800 from the DOHC went well!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
get a Chevy 350.

:lol:

0303gm_hr01zoom-1.jpg

0303gm_hr05zoom-1.jpg

As badass as that is, I really want to know...why?!?!?!

That engine looks soooo cramped in that engine bay. I wish 350s were as easy to swap as 3800s for our cars.

Sent from my HTC Awesome using Tapatalk

That engine looks soooo cramped in that engine bay. I wish 350s were as easy to swap as 3800s for our cars.

That's a concept car done in 2000 by GM. The Chevrolet Impala SS Concept. The engine is an LS1.

I didn't think it looked THAT cramped in there. Take into consideration that the plastic engine covers gain you access to all your spark related needs. I can see the alternator in plain view, water pump in plain view. Hell, the battery isn't even under a washer fluid tank. Not that bad of a fit for what it is, and it would outperform any other W-body haha.

I didn't think it looked THAT cramped in there. Take into consideration that the plastic engine covers gain you access to all your spark related needs. I can see the alternator in plain view, water pump in plain view. Hell, the battery isn't even under a washer fluid tank. Not that bad of a fit for what it is, and it would outperform any other W-body haha.

It reminds me of how the northstar fit in my Bonneville GXP. It was pretty ridiculous how little of the floor you could see through the engine bay. They really should have released that car.