wheel bearing/hub assembly

brake

As I understand it, these cars do not have serviceable wheel bearings - I checked RockAuto for a price on the hubs and the entire assy. is over 360 bucks - Though it is an AC Delco part. Buying two of these is absolutely out of the question.

a fleabay search shows me hubs that would be less than $100 shipped for both.

Are the ebay ones junk? I don't really care if they're not quite the same quality as an OEM replacement, I just want something better and safer than worn out stock 15yr old units with 250k on them.

I am not concerned with extremely long lasting parts: This car will not be in service for more than another 2 years but I don't want the front end falling apart in the meantime.

Do NOT buy eBay bearings. Only buy Timken or ACDelco. I think one other manufacturer is alright...forget the name though. The cheapie ones fall apart quickly, leak, vibrate, and just no. You can get a pair of Timkens from Amazon for about $150 for both sides (front or rear).

thanks gentlemen. I will go with the Timken, I don't know why RockAuto was only showing me the OEM AC Delco parts @ $360+

I should be able to get most of my front end work done at once...struts/tie rods/brakes/bearings.

I am not a fan of the non-serviceable design at all but not getting my hands filthy packing new bearings is alright by me.

Yeah, there's a reason they're cheap...

The Timken ones aren't that much more expensive honestly. Maybe 20 dollars in the difference at the most depending on which eBay auction I look at. Definitely going with the Timken ones.

Another brand to consider are the National bearings. Great stuff from what I hear. I've had them on for the past 20k miles. Not a whole lot, but good so far. I mention them because you can usually get them cheaper than timken bearings with advance auto's online coupon codes and in-store pickup.

Sent from my HTC Awesome using Tapatalk

The Timken ones aren't that much more expensive honestly. Maybe 20 dollars in the difference at the most depending on which eBay auction I look at. Definitely going with the Timken ones.

Glad you went with them. :thumbsup:

do those timken bearings have the sensor in 'em?

Depends on if its the front or the back, and on which car it is. If its supposed to, it will have it.

Sent from my HTC Awesome using Tapatalk