What Is The Best Way To Reset the ECM on a 1991 Grand Prix?

1990 Lumina Euro Coupe

I had to put a new fuel pump on my 1991 Grand Prix. Of course I had to disconnect the battery. Now when It is going dead sometimes at idle. I also have a hesitation when you punch it hard from a stop.

I had a battery put in the Cutty once, and it did the same thing. I took it to the Oldsmobile dealer, and they charged me $35.00 to reset the computer. They told me that when a battery is removed, the power loss causes the computer to have to be reset sometimes. It ran fine after that

What is the best way to do this?

-Thanks!

My W-Bodys'

1989 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme SL Coupe

1990 Lumina Euro 3.1 Coupe

1991 Pontiac Grand Prix SE

There are several ways shown with a search. Can anyone TELL me what they did recently?

That is why I asked. I searched first. About 16 pages of posts.

As far as i know, pull your ecm fuse for 10-15 seconds, teh replace it. Start your car and put it into drive with your foot on the brake. Keep it in drive while holding the brake for 10 minutes or so and then repeat.

As far as i know, pull your ecm fuse for 10-15 seconds, teh replace it. Start your car and put it into drive with your foot on the brake. Keep it in drive while holding the brake for 10 minutes or so and then repeat.

That is the kind of answer that I am looking for. Thanks! :D