284 Questions.

BXX

Alright, got a few questions.

First question, on the slave cylinder, WTF is that diaphram looking thing? I have it circled in red.

If its not 100% needed, which I hope its not cause it looks retarded and takes up space, I wanna just run stainless braided hose from the master cylinder to the slave directly.

Second, the bushings on the shift cables are shot, well pretty much not there anymore. I remember people modding them with metal bushings but can't find the info on it. Little help por favor??

And IIRC Jarek was able to get a LSD unit for the 284 but I can't remember. Anyone actually get one and have any issues with it? Where was one able to be sourced and cost. And is it really worth it? I know with my 282 in my 89 GP and it always did a 2 wheel peel somehow.

And last (I think :lol: ) onward to clutches. Obviously it's going behind a turbo LX9, should be anywhere from 350-450hp (depending on how much boost I end up running) so I know im left with Spec clutches, but can't decided which one would be adaquately suited to agressive street driving with that power level.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

IIRC that thing is refered to as the slave actuator or some such BS... it is 284 specific. It is supposed to offer easier clutch engagement or some such crap. they make them aftermarket now, but I got reamed nearly $300 for one back in the day from the dealer. and BTW if they get air in them they are as good as scrap. you also need a special tool to seperate the master from the slave.

I don't see any reason why you could not run a 282 style master/slave setup and eliminate the whole deal.

and the shift bushings:

http://www.w-body.com/showthread.php/44941-Repair-your-broken-284-shift-cable-bushings

Ok, then im gonna do away with it. It just looks like they slapped that in between a 282 style master and slave cylinder using pinlock fittings on one end, and that damn goofy quick disconnect on the other.

Know that I think of it, I think Kuntzie did away with that actuator. I was almost positive it was there to smoothen out the clutch engagement since pull style clutches feel a bit different than push style.

Chris, I dont actually have any hardware stores around me within like a 25 min drive IIRC. You feel like picking me up the parts I need for the shift bushings and ship them to me? And chow much?

BTW, I discovered the trans mount I got from the donor car is bad.. but I haz something on the way to fix all that ;)