Auto Climate Control - 96 Cutlass Supreme

runt

Ok. So I have a chance to get my hands on an Automatic Climate Control that came out of a 96 Cutty. It's w/out the Dual Zones if that makes a difference. I am just curious (if anyone knows this..) but I just have the regular knobs 'n such for my controls, but will this Auto Climate Control just bolt right on? Such as no extra wiring or messing with the front facia on the car? I have a feeling that this is a dumb question, but never hurts to ask!!

Thanks!

Jeremy

well I dont if its every thing will work right but to get the outside temp to work you need the sensor mounted in front in between ten bumper and the raditator.

I'll post pics of it if I get my hands on it and when/if I put it in.

I am still kinda unsure at this point. I talked to a guy that works at a yard and he's gonna take a look for me and see what he comes up with.

Your gonna have to put a couple sensors inside the vehicle also. In order for the Auto climate to work, I think its gonna need two sensors somewhere inside the vehicle. :?

Aaron

Well I also found a module like that on E-bay and from the pics I dont' think that it includes any sensors or anything like that. I'm just afraid that I would win that and not be able to use it b/c I don't have the proper sensors.

i love the leather in there, i'd love to have that in my car, and i am now wondering whether that unit will fit in a Prix, also, I wonder whether that would be a direct plugin

397465_31_full.jpg

DSCF0007.jpg?bc2g1j_AQ7Ql8P3R

I hate my auto climate control , you have almost no control , my 300zx had a decent auto climate , but my cutlass one is too slow to make changes , espically in the summer . I just turn it off and drop da top . But each to his own . It is just so much easier to turn a knob ( thats what she said ! ) . Getting ready to sell my 94 cutlass convertible with 58k miles . Sell while its still running good ! :o

So it takes a long time for it to change temp?

My parents have one in their 02 Mercury Mountaineer and I personally thikn that thing is great! Thats why I wanted one for my car.

i also love mine and i think the digital display looks better but you need a pre 94 unit to have one with the blue tint to the desplay other wise it looks cheap, but any ways the auto climate control has a "vent" under the glove box that sucks in to read the inside temp so you would have to add that.

i also love mine and i think the digital display looks better but you need a pre 94 unit to have one with the blue tint to the desplay other wise it looks cheap, but any ways the auto climate control has a "vent" under the glove box that sucks in to read the inside temp so you would have to add that.

Yeah I had that in my '91. Loved it. But my buddy's '97 GP.. I hate that thing. Its too difficult to bring back under control if you accidently push the wrong button... air starts blowing out at 100 mph from every hole, changing temperatures.. blah blah. I don't like the new ones.

• 2 weeks later...