WhatTheFehl

What to do with my new wheels?  

18 members have voted

1. 1. What to do with my new wheels?

• Black (redo the plastidip)
    • Black with polished rim
    • Original polished aluminum
    • Other color (please specify)

Save up for something decent. Nothing worse then driving on cheap tires.

Yes, I've thought about that. Been browsing craigslist too. I don't know if I can justify spending an assload of money on tires that will only be on the car for a few months, especially since I'm not sure if I will want to keep these wheels once I see them on the car for a while.

Plus, with the other expenses I have coming up, if I saved up for really good tires I don't think I could get the wheels on the car by Dayton in September :lol:

If the mustang logo is recessed, I would find a set of stick on center cap "decals" with the arrowhead on them. My mustang wheels had the small plastic center cap in them with the ford oval in the center. I popped the logo off, and since the caps were slightly convex, I used epoxy to get the decals to stick. The decals I used were like 1/8" thick plastic with an adhesive backing. Shouldnt need to epoxy them onto a flat center cap. Should stick just fine on their own.

100_1135.jpg

Not to sound like a dick, but that should have crossed your mind before buying the wheels

What should have crossed my mind? Buying tires? Who said it didnt?

I bought the wheels because they were cheap and I liked them. After a while on the car I might decide I don't like them. Duno. But if I spend a whole bunch of money on tires and decide I don't like the wheels after a few weeks, what are the chances I would ever see the money invested in tires back?

I'm in no real hurry to put the wheels on the car. Id like to put them on by the next Dayton meet... but if I don't, oh well. It will get added to the list of other projects I have the means to finish but haven't yet. It will get done eventually. Sorry for asking advise on affordable tires.

Fehl, save some coin, get some real tires. Hell I had to save up for a month to get my tires for my 19s. $250/tire isnt cheap, but damn they are well worth it.:thumbsup:

And dont run 225/55/17. Thats what I had on my old 17s and the sidewalls were huge!

Also, on those stand rims, they are 8" wide, you need teh 245/45/17.

Dude, expensive my ass, these are good prices! I forgot how cheap 17" tires are...

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Firestone&tireModel=Firehawk+Wide+Oval+Indy+500&partnum=445WR7FHWI5&vehicleSearch=true&fromCompare1=yes&autoMake=Ford&autoYear=2002&autoModel=Mustang%20GT&autoModClar=

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Bridgestone&tireModel=Potenza+RE760+Sport&partnum=445WR7RE760&vehicleSearch=true&fromCompare1=yes&autoMake=Ford&autoYear=2002&autoModel=Mustang%20GT&autoModClar=

:drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool:

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Bridgestone&tireModel=Potenza+RE-11&partnum=445WR7RE11&vehicleSearch=true&fromCompare1=yes&autoMake=Ford&autoYear=2002&autoModel=Mustang%20GT&autoModClar=

Edited by BXX

Quite a bit off actually... Hold off for 245 45 17s

fixed.....don't run a 225 on an 8" wheel....

....that being said, I would probably just get the plastidip off of the other two wheels and sell them....

And dont run 225/55/17. Thats what I had on my old 17s and the sidewalls were huge!

It depends on how hard you want the ride to be. They do form a part of the suspension in your car and contribute to the overall smoothness of your ride by absorbing the smallest bumps from things like stones, small animals etc. If you don't care about that or always drive on mirror flat pavement it is a non-issue.

Don't forget also that teeny sidewalls expose you to a much greater chance of wheel damage if/when you drive over anything with a hard edge on it. The thinner the sidewall the shallower the potholes can be to mess up your wheels.

I saw some tires for that were ordered for an Audi R8 the other day. Looked like something Fred Flintstone would use on his car, 355 30 R20. This is not the OEM size but actually WAY wider.