Heza

ok...im trying to figure out some stuff cuz i am mystified.

-the main radiator fan is on the passenger side and the auxillary is on the driver side right? cuz my 'aux' fan starts up first. i changed out my coolant sensor thinking that was the problem, but no help.

-when does the first fan start to kick in?

-could my water pump just be going out? cuz my coolant was a little low, but i just flushed it out and put new stuff in.

Your computer controls the fans baced on engine temp and if the A/C is on. As far as which fan is which, I would guess the one that starts up first is the primary.

doesnt the thermostat have something to do with that though?

The thermostat is a mechanical valve that opens when your engine gets up to a certain temp and allows the coolant to circulate through the radiator. The fans kick on when the radiator isn't cooling the engine enough. Ex. stopped at a stoplight.

should be the other way around

if one isnt coming on right try running some prestone radiator clean through it. for some reason this worked wonders on my car. My guess is the sensors were so gunked up they couldnt tell the temp properly but as soon as i put that in it for a few days it worked great.

should be the other way around

if one isnt coming on right try running some prestone radiator clean through it. for some reason this worked wonders on my car. My guess is the sensors were so gunked up they couldnt tell the temp properly but as soon as i put that in it for a few days it worked great.

yeah...see...i just flushed my radiator today and my engine runs a lot cooler as a result. but, i had that whole fan conspiracy thing going on which confused me. when i unplugged the clip from the sensor, the passenger side fan (guessing MY auxillary) kicked right on. so i thought the sensor was bad. went out and bought a new one, installed it...same old deal. checking on my old sensor...it wasn't gunked up at all. so i am still left with ??????

ok...im trying to figure out some stuff cuz i am mystified.

-the main radiator fan is on the passenger side and the auxillary is on the driver side right? cuz my 'aux' fan starts up first. i changed out my coolant sensor thinking that was the problem, but no help.

-when does the first fan start to kick in?

-could my water pump just be going out? cuz my coolant was a little low, but i just flushed it out and put new stuff in.

Yeah primary is on the drives side, secondary on the left. First one comes on at 220* 2nd at 227*

well, maybe my temperature guage is off then because on my car it kicks on around 230ish...of course the temperature guage on the 94+ prixs is sort of interesting to figure out unless you read the lines with the temps right next to them. i don't know the ratio to the guage...eh...gonna hook my car up to a computer and figure it out for myself sometime.

IIRC when i asked the instructor for A/C about A/C and fans he said the aux fan kicks on when running A/C

i thing you got a freak on your hands Heza!!

the aux fan does kick on when running A/C

does it kick on with A/C off first

maybe im confused now hell i don't know :lol:

itll kick on by itself when the engine gets shitty hot...but the primary will turn on if not on already when AC is on....if engine is shitty hot and the primary fan turns on....then turn AC on....the aux turns on

There are two water temp sensors. The fans run by the one near the thermostat, under the front part of the throttlebody. The dash gage is run by one with a pigtail (like the O2 sensor) behind the motor, driverside up high, near the EGR valve.