HVAC problem any help?

xennith

The HVAC wont blow out of the upper vents. I think I found the control module under the dash on the passenger side and other control parts under the glovebox insert (see pics)

The piston looking thing with the brown hose and the lower one with the orange hose aren't moving but I can pull up on the one with the brown hose and air will blow out the vents.

So what isn't working? Is it the white arm coming from the center of the car or is it the part with the hose connected to it or something else?

Also, you can see the yellow and purple hoses running under the dash (you can barely see them in the top left corner in the glovebox pic) but I don't know where they go or what all has to come out to fix this.

thanks for any help!

post-6042-14368907219_thumb.jpg

post-6042-143689072207_thumb.jpg

Check the vacuum supply under the hood first. There's a vacuum storage tank in the left front fender and a check valve inline to it by the brake booster. Make sure you are getting vacuum from this line into the car for the HVAC.