Picked Up A 2004 GTP - Few Questions

ZeeQuick

Just bought 2004 GTP and have a few quick questions. It has straightpipes on it right now, which are way too loud for my tastes. I was looking at some Magnaflow XL Turbo mufflers, any feedback on those? Also need to get the tint off the rear window, any suggestions there? Clean car otherwise, only 55,000 miles. Thanks!

Your best bet for a great sounding 3800 exhaust? Make it as quiet as possible, or talk to Galen (9lumina6). His is the only 3800 I have ever heard that I like.

Yeah....if you're just planning on keeping it more for daily driver use.....a nice virgin/stock catback is the way to go. My SLP catback with no CAT and ZZP headers is pretty much as close to straight pipe as you can get without actually being 100% straight piped.....sounds good (IMO that is...ik it doesnt to some...but I'm not trying to break off into a exhaust preference tangent here) but it's LOUD. If you want to keep it quieter....but a tad more of an agressive sound....maybe add some magnaflow mufflers on there with a stock resonator.

the best way i know of to remove rear tint is to soak the inside with windex, then stick a black garbage bag to it. Let it sit out in the sun for several hours while the ammonia in the windex pulls the tint away from the window.

Whatever you do, dont scrape!

Yes use windex, really soak the hell out of it. The side windows you may be able to peel off in one piece. Depends if its good tint or not. On the back you will just have to spray windex and peal little by little. Then scrub all the glue off, its going to take some time!

Buy a stock exhaust, and never look back. The 3800 sounds like hell with aftermarket exhaust. Not limited to any, and including all aftermarket exhaust systems.

Thanks for the responses guys, huge help. I plan on having a local muffler shop weld in some Magnaflow XL Turbo mufflers. Looks like the resonator was deleted too, its all straight pipe back from the cat. It honestly does not sound God awful cruising around town, but sounds like hell if you get on it at all or on the highway.

I think I'm just going to see how much $$$ it would be to get the tint off the back. I watched some of the videos online concerning the garbage bag method . I don't mind the tint itself, except for the fact that the previous owner decided to have one of those "shocker" logos blended into the tint it seems....its small, but its there.

Car seems so far so good otherwise. Everything works. Some of the window switch lights appear to be on the way to burning out, assume there is just a bulb in there. Might be a small coolant leak on the intake manifold that I'm keeping an eye on, might get fixed under warranty. The way the trans shifts though I kind of wonder if the car might have some kind of a tune on it.....seems to really hunt around for gears between 35 and 40mph....could just be more noticeable with the loud exhaust.

I'll get some pics soon! Thanks!

My advice . . . . go on a CGP forum and see if someone wants to trade a good stock exhaust system for your setup.

Help me, help you type of thing!

Thanks for the help guys. Ended up getting a set of generic magnaflow knock-off mufflers welded in with some nice dual/dual tips. Set me back less than $200 bucks and I really like the look of the tips. Much quieter but still has some rumble. I'll get some pics this weekend. Thanks!