My Second Cutlass Vert

Rick

Made an account a long time ago...for some reason wouldnt send a password recovery to my email. So I made a new one, this time around I have a Teal 95' Cutlass Supreme Convertible as my old 94' Red Cutlass Supreme transmission blew out on me. Just saying hey on the forum again and looking to find some new info on my car again, oh and the best part about my new car is it costed 1800, the same as it would of cost to fix the transmission and it has no rust, top goes up and down flawlessly and the exterior has NO dents what-so-ever and the interior is virtually flawless with a remote start and aftermarket alarm system. The reason it costed 1800 was because there was an oil leak and coolant leak, just replaced the O ring on the oil pump and that stopped that, also replaced all the gaskets and then the coolant just needed a new bolt(dad replaced, dont know exactly, but it was a under 20 dollar fix) so with all that fixed it costed me about $2,000...quite a steal if you ask me.

post-6351-143689070538_thumb.jpg

The car that died...and on its way to its death bed shortly...

post-6351-143689070654_thumb.jpg

Edited by Rick

Let me be the first to welcome you back. I see we have the same taste in cars. It's good to see another green/tan/tan vert on here. Sounds like you got an awesome deal.

How many miles on that beauty?

Let me be the first to welcome you back. I see we have the same taste in cars. It's good to see another green/tan/tan vert on here. Sounds like you got an awesome deal.

How many miles on that beauty?

Thanks, 112K, original engine 3.4L DOHC and transmission. Last cutlass was nearing 300K on the frame, where-as this one I swear has never seen snow as the underside and exterior is just about rust free. Im the third owner, and the previous owner put 30k miles and kept it always in the garage and wasn't driven in the winter. He replaced the timing belt, serpentine belt and various other things, he had it listed last summer he said for $4,000 but then the oil leak occurred, and the coolant leak followed that he said. He was also out of a job, and said it had to go...it was quite a deal to be honest. New tires, new brake system(calipers, rotors and pad), aftermarket stereo(just put a new pioneer in though), 8" subwoofer in trunk, and various other things that add up to quite a steal in my opinion.

But yeah, as much as I loved the Red\black\black I like the Green\tan\tan much better. Seems less like a girls car or color combo(not dissing on anyones color choices haha) and I think it overall just looks better.

Thanks for the welcomings everone, here are a few other pictures...

post-6351-143689070638_thumb.jpg

post-6351-143689070584_thumb.jpg

post-6351-143689070598_thumb.jpg

post-6351-143689070621_thumb.jpg

Thanks everyone...it does need some electrical work done..the aftermarket alarm is going haywire for some reason in the last day..so going to have to check that out.

• 4 months later...