96 base lumina bone stock but love it

jondalarlonewolf

hello my name is Tim I am the proud owner of a 1996 3100 lumina base with 4 speed auto and half the white paint gone but perfect blue (tweed?) interier. 211000 miles on it and a top speed (by speedo) 105 mph.

Nothing wrong with a base Lumina! That's what I have, and still love it! Welcome!!!!:thumbsup:

Nothing wrong with one indeed. I have 2. One so far has come from a granny 14 inch rolling lumina to a crosslace equipped, lowered and almost of z status.

hello my name is Tim I am the proud owner of a 1996 3100 lumina base with 4 speed auto and half the white paint gone but perfect blue (tweed?) interier. 211000 miles on it and a top speed (by speedo) 105 mph.

Welcome. Nice to add another Gen 1.5 to the cult. Also, that 4 speed auto (the notorious 4T60e) was the only available transmission that year. Sister car to my car and apparently same color... But I'm faster :lol::P

can anyone point me to a parts list to swap a 3800 s2 into this car not trying to make a racer out of it just want a bit more takeoff

can anyone point me to a parts list to swap a 3800 s2 into this car not trying to make a racer out of it just want a bit more takeoff

You would probably get about as much gain out of a top swap, without nearly the hassle.

Lumina APV didn't come with an LQ1. And both the 3800 and the LQ1 should be bolt in jobs... aside from the wiring.

Honestly you're best bet is to do a 3400 top swap and dig into the Grand Am Aftermarket IMO as it tends to be vast.

• 2 months later...