CAR DID IT AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GRANDFURY

I went to the bank shut the car off it started fine ran and idled fine then I went to the store and when I tried to start it up same thing it just ran like shit and died :evil: I waited for 25 mins and tried it and it ran like shit again but this time I kept it running by pumping the gas then I started too smell gas so I let it die out and waited another 20 mins and it started up fine and ran fine all the way home....WTF is going on. So far I have changed the fuel filter, PCV vavle, plugs and wires, oil change, new air filter, new crank sensor, new O2 sensor, Idle relearn, got a new vaccuum plug(it's by the throttlebody), I've checked the EGR and when I pushed on the diapharm the car stumbled so it should be ok......and my check engine or anyother light does not come when it stalls at idle or when it stalls when I start it up...........I'm thinking because I smelled gas it might either be no spark too burn the gas or there's too much gas getting in there but have no clue.. So now i'm thinking either the fuel presure regulater valve or ICM or Ciol paks...am I on the right track? If so how do I test these systems. Thanx again guys :cry:

ICM or CPS (crank sensor) is where I'd look next.

I'd check the ICM with an inductive timing light (or you could pull off a plug wire, jam a paper clip in it, and see if it sparks to the engine block).

Well, like I've said many times before, if you come by my place someday, seeing as we live in the same city, I can help you with your car.

I have a Scanner, Fuel Pressure Guage, Vacuum Gauges etc. am I'm sure we could pin-point the problem is less than an hour.

Let me know!(again)

:)

I already did the crank sensor. And yeah I might just have too find time and take you up on that offer :) I also cleaned my IAC with a clean rag and no cleaner.....beat for this week mandatory over time all frigging week :cry: good for the poket book though. At least it will always get me too work and back it just sux that can't go get grocery's, gas, smokes, and other stuuf all in one run. I really like the car so i'm going to fix it for sure, hell if the frame and body holds up i'll keep for 10 years :lol: you can replace everything else right!!!

And yeah I might just have too find time and take you up on that offer :lol:

Whenever you're ready!:) I work 9-5 all this week...so unless you can stop by after that, maybe on the weekend?

Hey this just a question but if I moved or messed with the knok sensor could that be it too or would it just not run if that was messed? At least this problem has been the same all the time so it's not like i'm making it worse should have took you up on your offer before so I wouldn't have to do this trail and error crap :lol: But if the car is running fine when I come will it still throw a code? Or will the computer store a code if there is a one sometime? 'Cause I never get check engine light :?

Hey this just a question but if I moved or messed with the knok sensor could that be it too or would it just not run if that was messed? At least this problem has been the same all the time so it's not like i'm making it worse should have took you up on your offer before so I wouldn't have to do this trail and error crap :lol: But if the car is running fine when I come will it still throw a code? Or will the computer store a code if there is a one sometime? 'Cause I never get check engine light :?

The Knock Sensor is not something that can be easily moved, so it would be almost impossible to do by "accident" and without knowing.

All the Knock Sensor does is detect "knocking/pinging". If it sends the proper signal to the ECM, the ECM will retard the timing, and performance will suffer. But, that's ALL that would happen.

With my scanner, it would take 5 seconds to check the Knock Sensor...

Just got back from my moms thanksgiving and on the way home it would hessitate and almost stall at every stop sign when I would hit the gas didn't matter if I hit it hard or soft it would just pause for a few seconds and almost stall but then would get going I stoped doing it for the last two stop signs before I got home :? It has done this a few times before but hasn't done it for awhile( by before I mean 6 months ago when I first got it) And it only does it from a stop if i'm moving or even rolling slowly it wont stubble just at stops when I try to get going.......and again no check engine light. gmrulz4u i'll get back to you when I find a time I can come down(I really live in Woodstock ) just thought people would know London better :)

So I should just find the wire and secure it ? My wire had a plastic gaurd on it and it was all there covered in that black plastic tubing would that still ground out?

IAC mayb. idle air control sensor. located on the throttle body.

just taking a stab here.

i removed mine suring my project and even after reading the haynes manual saying not to press it i did anyways.

the parts place had to order it. should be here tomorrow.

i did not notice a poor idle but since i should not have done that i am just gonna replace it.

Monty

I don't know what the hell it is. I went out today and made three stops shut the car off and it worked great everytime but yesterday I made two stops and at the second stop it wouldn't start back up again. If it works fine when I do some tests on it the problem won't show up right. Or does the computer store codes? I guess I could just turn it on and off untill it does it and then do the tests. But you watch the day I do them, :lol: the car wont die it will just run fine.....thats the kind of luck I have

I don't know what the hell it is. I went out today and made three stops shut the car off and it worked great everytime but yesterday I made two stops and at the second stop it wouldn't start back up again. If it works fine when I do some tests on it the problem won't show up right. Or does the computer store codes? I guess I could just turn it on and off untill it does it and then do the tests. But you watch the day I do them, :lol: the car wont die it will just run fine.....thats the kind of luck I have