New guy from MN

budsjlm

Just picked up my first w body, and 00 olds intirgue, 165k runs and drives like a champ, loaded only option it's missing is a sunroof from what i can tell, paid $1900 for it, it's a hell of an upgrade from a saturn.. unfortunatly we keep the saturn becuase it's really replacing my 00 merc mystake that blew but like 6 mon ago,

we where originally shopping for a 5th gen monte but all we where finding where junk, out of our price range or sold befor we got to look at them,

unfortunatly it has the shortstar 3.5 twin cam 90° v6 so i have no aftermarket suport :( should have got a 99 with the 3.8 but it was too good of a price to pass up, has new water pump, whinshield, tire and struts

img1302480347531.jpg

img1302655766474.jpg

o by the way my name is justin, i'm 23 and live in west st. paul MN,

i also have a 99 saturn SL2 that is a dd

and a 1985 monte carlo that is in the midst of a frame off

1286024962.jpg

1287349697.jpg

some of you may recognize me from MCF

mobile view is no beuno... looks like the only time i'll really be posting is from work since almost all i do is post from my phone(don't have the net at home) and when i do desktop view it just bumps me back to mobile

i'll post more when the weather gets better, i have a fair amount of work ahead of me, there is a few sposts of rust, sratches and what not i want to take care of! the monte is an ongoing project, it's going to be a while befor it's done, here's a link to my frame off thread if you want to take a look

http://montecarloforum.com/forum/general-monte-carlo-talk-9/my-85-monte-carlos-life-story-21381/

i posted lastnight but i think it's in waiting for mod aproval or somthing becuase i have a link in it,

i have some work to do to the intrigue, has some scratches and spots of rust... typical rustbelt crap, when the weather gets better i plan on detailing the hell out of it and getting more pics, the 2 are from the day we bought it,

the monte will be a long process, currantly trying to get it's frame repaired, i have to wheel it down the block to the g/f's parents house becuase my parents don't have 220 in the garage, i am chopping off the front end and replacing it with a new section becuase i bought it from a friend that hit a pole at his work

Welcome to the site man and nice looking Intrigue. :thumbsup: My 99 Intrigue that I just got rid of had the 3.5L Shortstar V6 as well and it was a great little engine with a lot of power, which was nice. Plus the 3.5L LX5 was on Ward's 10 best engines list for 99 and 00 and I never had a problem out of mine so don't be to discouraged about not having the 3.8L. I mean you do have 20 more horses than the 3.8L as well lol. Can't wait to see more pics.

Did a quick detail on the intrigue today, i most deff need to take the hight speed to it, here are some pics

img1303086638492.jpg

img1303094798221.jpg

i'll add more as they upload to photobucket

img1303100374386.jpg

img1303100516378.jpg

Edited by budsjlm