You too can build a TGP Cross-over...

TGPilot

Hey Guys...

Just wanted to show you guys a TGP Cross-over I just finished for a friend. My Ex-roomate (I am now married and have my own place) did all the welding for me. We fitted it on the car and tack welded it in place...then he Tig welded the rest off the car. Sorry the pics are not closer to see how good the welds look...but it turned out really sweet. $40 a piece for the flex joints...quality parts used by a few...and about 2.5 man-hours to fit. Speaking of fit...the flanges matched up perfectly as they should with ZERO stress... 8)

Enjoy...Kenny

TGP_CrossoverBefore.jpgTGP_Crossover.jpg

So what is the procedure?

Remove turbo, remove the bad pipe, cut out the original joints, reinstall pipe parts and turbo, insert flex joints, tack weld, remove tacked assembly and fully weld and reinstall to check for fit?

Also, what kind of shop or who did you know with a TIG and tools that the pipe could be removed and then welded (just so guys know what kind of place to look for, not everyone has a TIG in their garage!).

where did you get the flex joints.........i priced out bellows online and they wanted like 180 a piece

Twalt can answer that if he pleases. He did the research and tracked down the quality bellows replacements... 8)

Would you be interested in making a custom crossover pipe? The problem is the TGP crossover will not fit in the J-Body w/o changing the tranny mount and instead of that I would like to change the crossover pipe. the mount for the turbo needs to be relocated about 3 inches closer to the radiator.

Would you be interested in making a custom crossover pipe? The problem is the TGP crossover will not fit in the J-Body w/o changing the tranny mount and instead of that I would like to change the crossover pipe. the mount for the turbo needs to be relocated about 3 inches closer to the radiator.

Without the car and all of the required parts for fitting on hand, I don't think it could be done... 8)

Guest TurboSedan

ugh. i wish i could post pics of my RedZMonte crossover :( looks alot like yours TGPilot but i think he actually may have rewelded the entire thing and then brushed it all up (nice & shiny all over!). he charged me $80 but i think he charged me a low price to get the 'learning curve' down with rebuilding the TGP crossover. i think he actually has a crossover with mandrel bent piping on his black TGP now...not sure.....he's been off the forum's for awhile now (?)

joshua

Hey can anyone inform us on where to get the flex joints for 39 dollars.......are they just exhaust flex joints used for everyday vehicles? or what. it would be kind of help full instead of keeping info from us. Because seriously what is the pt of showing this thread if you aren't going to inform us on how to acquire the flex joints. Since this is a board where you share pretty much everything. Hell half the ppl probably won't even be able to put them on right. So do some of us a huge favor and give us a company name or a place where we can get them......please!