1992 International Convertible

tallpaul1973

Yes, an International 'vert. I cannot find ANY info on this car. I just rescued it and she is mine. I spent 2 hours on the phone with GM and they tell me that there is no such animal. Reseach I have done tells me that that was or at least may have been. I have that Quad buckets and International badge on in front of the shifter below the fog light switch. I am incorrect on the trim level? GN did tell me that there were 91,945 Cutlass Supremes made in 92. 2066 were 4 door International and 1181 2 door. Of Cutlass 'verts, 4306. What do I have? I also understand that a company called Cars and Concepts was the sub-contractor that installed the tops since GM did not install 'verts. PLEASE ... anyone that can help me with more info on her, I would appreciate. Thanks.

No International verts from GM

I thought jay used to one for a brief second, but now his mom's sister's neighbor's aunt's cousin's friend that lives in a trailer park in Ohio has it stashed in a field that their uncle owns.

Looks like mine has the options except leather ... IK2 ... analog gauges but International badges on the shifter console? Do I have a Franken-vert?

Looks like it is missing the International RPO code:

Z7Q OLDSMOBILE INTERNATIONAL SERIES(MERCHANDISING OPTION) INTERNATIONAL(Z7Q)

. OLDSMOBILE INTERNATIONAL SERIES(MERCHANDISING OPTION)(3WM47 + Z7Q = 3W INTERNATIONAL(Z7Q)

That's where I am havving questions now ... above the shifter is the INT badge and on the fenders. Also, quad buckets. Again, my understanding that was only available on the INT and NOT on any other Supreme.

Any DOHC Cutlass coupe or vert could have quad buckets from '93-'94

Not all DOHC coupes, just Int'l coupes which could have a 3.1 or 3.4.

I think they may be possible but if it was wrecked why go though all the changes like the seat changes and console changes?

Why not? Makes it stand out from other 1992 convertibles. Let's see the pics when you get a chance.

• 2 weeks later...

I got a hold of the GM Heritage Center for my 92 vert, all the cars started life out as I series on the line, but the verts were treated as their own trim level. Sounds like you got a car that was resto-modded.......hey, if you like it, great, but if you want true factory, no i series badges......sorry if I busted your bubble, but that is how it comes out. What matters is if you like it. I added an FE3 badge to mine, just because I thought it looked cool. nothing that couldn't be changed to get it back to true factory condition......