• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Rocketman

• Psych0matt

• Breakdown

• white4d96

I am new here, but have a '00 Intrigue and the rear later links (dog bones?) were rusty, one actually bent (not sure how common that is) so I went to JY and replaced all of them. I have old bent one laying around you can have for shipping cost or discounted rate on RSTB. Thanks. Love the castings, looks great. :thumbsup: Too bad my W body spent some time in Ohio as its not clean like the local ones here in Texas.

I am new here, but have a '00 Intrigue and the rear later links (dog bones?) were rusty, one actually bent (not sure how common that is) so I went to JY and replaced all of them. I have old bent one laying around you can have for shipping cost or discounted rate on RSTB. Thanks. Love the castings, looks great. :thumbsup: Too bad my W body spent some time in Ohio as its not clean like the local ones here in Texas.

We're talking Gen1 stuff, it's all up to the original poster if he's interested in trying some stuff that would be compatible with 2nd Gens like your Intrigue.

Dog bones are the upper engine mounts, that hinge on the frame right across the front of the car.

just out of curiosity, wouldn't the bolt holes eventually round out a bit where the bar meets the mounts?

seems like maybe finding an aluminum tube and having it wleded together might work better?

just out of curiosity, wouldn't the bolt holes eventually round out a bit where the bar meets the mounts?

seems like maybe finding an aluminum tube and having it wleded together might work better?

The brackets are almost an interference fit inside the bar - with the bolt torqued down, its held solidly into place.

You're welcome to experiment with it if you want, I have put over 2000 miles on mine so far on some very rough road and it hasn't budged.

Random suggestion: DOOR HANDLES!!!

I've thought of that - Im not sure what the guts look like yet, I need to rip one apart.