My custom RSTB

Rocketman

Hey guys,

Thought you might like to see pics of my custom RSTB. I cast the brackets from Aluminum, the bar is 1x1" stock from Home Depot. Still have to drill out & mount the bar, but its pretty much done.

Brackets w/ the pattern I made to cast them:

2011-03-12_18-50-07_269.jpg

Bracket fits nice :)

2011-03-12_18-55-02_682.jpg

Bar fits quite well too.

2011-03-12_19-05-40_867.jpg

Pic of the almost finished bar:

2011-03-12_19-08-41_608.jpg

Just about done, I'll update tomorrow with more pics!

-Rocketman

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Rocketman

• Psych0matt

• Breakdown

• white4d96

@ Breakdown

Thanks man - yeah I can do a production run of these. One pattern can make many parts :)

Wow you cast them, very nice! Where do you work???

I'm "unemployed" but I like to call myself self-employed :) I work in my backyard - casting is a hobby/business for me.

Thanks for the props guys!

-Rocket

I would buy a set of these also since noone seems to have any AWebs they wanna part with.

You buy fresh aluminum stock? or recycling crap like cans and such? Not that it matters, just curious.

Finished the bar up this afternoon. Pics!:

Drilled out the bracket for the bar bolt, as well as the bar:

2011-03-13_19-17-27_348.jpg

Installed:

2011-03-13_23-51-03_127.jpg

2011-03-13_23-51-13_816.jpg

Sorry guys my trunk is a complete disaster zone right now. I'll try to get better pics this week, I also have to cut the carpet around the bar.

I will start making some more brackets. I'm curious - what all other vehicles will these fit?

-Rocket

I would buy a set of these also since noone seems to have any AWebs they wanna part with.

You buy fresh aluminum stock? or recycling crap like cans and such? Not that it matters, just curious.

All my friends and friends of friends give/trade/sell me their scrap Aluminum - I mostly use alloy car wheels. Its super strong silicon-al alloy, casts extremely well with low shrink, and machines nicely too. Win-win-win!

I'm pretty sure I'm in on this too. I mod'd some STB's to fit but I don't think it would be as sturdy as a cast part. Although I'm considering getting some pieces cut out of plate steel by a machine shop...

Get a good supply of strong material and I'm in! :dance:

@ Breakdown

Thanks man - yeah I can do a production run of these. One pattern can make many parts :)

As I said B4, Big ups!

I gave you, your first thanks. You'll get the next one when my parts arrive in the mail. And when I say, arrive in the mail, I mean arrive at my shared warehouse in Nunzi's basement.