I'm Back! Just bought a 93 cutlass supreme vert

Afubar

My son and I bought a '94 Cutty convertible that is slightly lighter blue than yours, see photo. It is a great car, in spite of all the horror stories about the 3.4L DOHC Engine. We have 113,XXX on it and it runs fine. We may tackle the timing belt replacement this summer. (Unfortunately, a vandal whacked his passenger side mirror today, so it's hanging by the wires, but otherwie she's in very good shape.)

My son loves his first car.

post-5350-143689060638_thumb.jpg

Edited by M U Tiger

Hey there Crazy K, I remember you. M U tiger - what a great looking car and kid. 95whitevert - no problems :lol:

I just installed a new electric antenna in the vert yesterday. Have an appointment with a GM shop this coming Friday to check the PS leak and do an overall check. Because I plan on keeping this car for a long, long time I want to keep it stock as close as possible and keep the car's engine working great.

Oh, and to all the owners of the great verts here, I am glad I'm not the only one that loves the vert. I drool each time I see the Reds though. I like the color I have now, but my heart does truly belong to the Red.

I just installed a new electric antenna in the vert yesterday. Have an appointment with a GM shop this coming Friday to check the PS leak and do an overall check. Because I plan on keeping this car for a long, long time I want to keep it stock as close as possible and keep the car's engine working great.

Oh, and to all the owners of the great verts here, I am glad I'm not the only one that loves the vert. I drool each time I see the Reds though. I like the color I have now, but my heart does truly belong to the Red.

ALRIGHT,:dance::dance:

I need more information about your antenna install!!!!!!!!!

What kind of antenna?:question: Where did you get it?:question: How much?:question:

:D I still need a replacement for my 93 vert!!:D

Kevin in ND

[

ALRIGHT,:dance::dance:

I need more information about your antenna install!!!!!!!!!

What kind of antenna?:question: Where did you get it?:question: How much?:question:

:D I still need a replacement for my 93 vert!!:D

Kevin in ND

I got it on EBay, paid 69.99 dollars for it, it also included an extra mast (they do wear out at times). Installation was easy, took out the straight one that PO had installed, thank goodness he had left all the original stuff in place. I did have to cut the wires on the old electrical conector but that was all a piece of cake.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=190497329207

BTW, what exactly are your antenna problems? On my previous 94 vert I had to replace the mast, very easy. Is your old one still in place, if so, can you hear the motor running? If so, I'll bet you just need to replace the mast.

:cussing:LONG STORY>>>> Original antenna goes up 3/4 of the way and stops. Goes down with bottom section stuck up. (Not completely down). Motor does run! Original has what appear to be covered plugs(rivets) holding motor parts together. Cannot open unit. :cussing:

Bought used antenna on fleabay.

Missing ring keeper over mast and mast flew out on the ground after initial install. Original keeper ring didn't fit new one and antenna plug was different also. Money back:thumbsup:from fleabay! Thought I could combine them into one good one, but can't get original apart.

I've looked at the $15 complete ones of fleabay, but am now gunshy to try anything!

Willsboattail-Sorry you're having problems with your antenna. I'm thinking about trying this hidden one just so I don't wear out my antenna as I see they can be problematic: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=170599801232&viewitem=

I would just keep the stock one in place and unplug it to leave it in the down position full time. I'd mount this one in the trunk with the sticky tape provided (probably under the side liner)

Seems like a simple, cheap solution...if it actually works.

. Cannot open unit. :cussing:

That's what I thought on mine for the 94 vert. I broke off the plastic rivets, opened and cleaned the motor, removed the old broke off mast, then put it all back togehter, wrapped it securely in electrical tape, re-installed motor, then installed mast as directed. Worked perfect for at least 4 years (was still working when I traded in the vert).

I replaced mine with one from a mid/late 90's Regal. If you reuse your mounting hardware, because Buick mounted their antennas at an angle, and get the relay the Buick used, but Olds did not, it works perfectly. Cost was $15.00 at the local Pull-A-Part.

The only noticeable difference is the antenna is chrome, rather than black, but at least it works!

• 2 weeks later...

Afubar, Nice vert. I like the color as well - wait, looks kind of familiar. Mine is a '94.

I put one of those Hidden antenna's in my old Buick Lesabre T-type. They recommend putting it at least 2in. away from any sheetmetal / steel. I put mine near the top of the rear window. It would have been more hidden near the top of the windsheild behind the mirror and not very visible form the outside either.

In the boonies; It worked alomost as well as the stock antenna and allmost not at all when I was charging my cell phone.

In the city; It worked well in all conditions.

post-4629-143689061162_thumb.jpg

on the 92 vert that i sold to Bob, I deleted the factory antenna, and welded over the hole. the intention was to mount a hidden antenna in the rollbar.

In the future, i would consider just leaving a power antenna unpowered in the down position with a hidden antenna, if the car was nice enough not to bother doing more body work... You might be able to do the same.

:roll:Guess I'll have to get brave and take apart the original antenna, see if I can clean it up and get it back together.

:dance:Maybe even in working order!! :dance:

You can do it. If this old lady can, anyone can. When my old one broke, there was just enought of the old mast left inside so that the new mast couldn't install. Once I had that piece out, all problems vanished. Good Luck. What do you have to lose?

This past Friday, I had both hoses on the power steering pump replaced at the GM dealership. So with oil and filters and the new hoses I only was set back 500.00 bucks. Now no more leaks and my car is perfect. Thanks all on all the nice comments on my baby. If you know of anyone that wants a 2006 MX-5 with only 25,000 miles on it, send them my way. LOL