I'm Back! Just bought a 93 cutlass supreme vert

Afubar

I don't know how many of you remember me, I used to own a 1994 Cutlass Supreme Vert. In November of 2008, I lost one of the cylinders in the engine (3.4) and my mechanic strongly suggested I trade the care in on something else. With heavy heart I did, I got a 2006 MX-5 with only 1352 miles on it but I longed for my Cutlass, even with all its problems (thought you guys were great), I still missed it. So on the 5th of this month, I found a aqua blue 1993 with only 89000 miles on it sitting in Sarasota, FL. I bought it, had it shipped, and I have put my MX-5 on sale with a dealer.

The only thing I've noticed is that there is a power steering fluid leak somewhere. But you know, I don't care if I have to eventually drop a whole new engine in this car (3.4L), I've got a Cutlass back and I'm keeping it. (what I should have done to my old one)

Anyway, I'm back and still thankful for all you guys and your wisdom. With your help before, I was able to install my front struts, a new alternator, and the biggie - a new window curtain.

side.bmp

Yep, you guys are addictive. Thanks for the welcome back. I'm hoping that I've resolved the PS leak, I've used a product from Lucas for PS leaks and this AM, I didn't have to add any fluid to it.

Will add picts soon, have to take them from my work puter and take them home to add to dropshots.

Thanks again

Here's what it said:

There are 2 1993 Cutlass Supreme 2 dr vehicles (0.007%) matching your exact options list. There are 9 (0.030%) with at least as many options.

Kool!

Build Date: 1992-12-22

Edited by Afubar
spelling

:thumbsup:Very Nice!! Great purchase. :thumbsup:

OK, Now I'm getting excited for summer to return and get the vert out of the snowed in storage garage.

:dance:Wife says I should keep the Vert at least 1 more year and use it more. (600 miles last summer). :dance:

Ha Ha..

Once you go W....uh... ok, so nothing rhymes with W.

Once you go W, they keep a hold of you?

Don't say ANYTHING unless you can come up with something better. :lol:

Once you go W, they double on you?

Or triple, I owned the 94 twice. I frist bought it in 1997 with less than 25000 miles on it. Paid too much for it, plus the insurance was horrible. Since I'd been out of the country for over 10 years the American insurance companies socked it too me, said I'd been uninsured for 10 years (not true, just not insured in this country. So I traded it in on a little CRX which I kept for a couple of years. Then the young man who'd bought the 94 traded it back in because he kept getting speeding tickets in it. The sales person recognized it as the one I'd owned and kept calling me, telling me I needed to get my car back, I'd just laugh and say, you forget, I know where the bodies are buried with that car. They finally made me a deal I couldn't refuse (plus the CRX was starting to nickle and dime me) so I got the 94 back, only trading it back when my mechanic stated that a cylinder was gone and even if I dropped a new engine in it, it was still aging an would keep getting worse. Like a fool, I listened and have always regretted it. So needless to say, I'm keeping this one, even if tomorrow I had to drop a new engine in it. I Love these cars. They look like nothing else on the road and I like that. I still haven't told my mechanic (used only for things I can't or won't do), he's gonna stroke, he hated that car. LOL

BTW, Thanks for the welcome back, I've missed you guys. (oh, I'm an old lady, not a Sir)