Why aren't there any NICE 1st gen w-bodies anymore?

supertrick_05

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• MemphisMan

• Euro

• 94 olds vert

• fastbird232

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

There are a lot of closet w-body freaks around here, which is cool. When I worked at a quick lube during my forum sabbatical, I briefly worked with a kid who was completely apeshit about 9C1 Impalas. Had an encyclopedic knowledge that would make any of us ashamed. Another guy said he knew of a mint '93 GTP five-speed in a nearby town, and had been trying for years to get the guy to sell, because he had such a hard on for the LQ1.

Lotta guys like us out there. It's just the cars that aren't holding up too well.

Visitors found this page by searching for:

nice cars that arent that nice, why arent people nice anymore

There was one that just popped up for sale on here but there was some confusion as to whether it was for sale or not. Thread is now locked

Best-kept Ws I see around here are invariably '94-'96 Grand Prix SE coupes. I believe I own the only GP sedan with a fully-lit light bar.

Same here. My girlfriend sent me a pic the other day of a 95 GTP she parked next to. looked to be in real nice shape besides the thick covering of road salt:(. I cant remember the last time i saw a 88-93 GP coupe in nice shape.

Mine is a 94 and I will tell you the aesthetic imperfections of it -

the front bumper has some damage on the right side.

The driver seat cover is torn.

The carpet, while not perfect, is in good shape considering.

Front and back bumper are not perfect cause I had to repaint them with spray.

Other than that, you may find a few very minor things if you really look for them but I am quite proud of how mine looks.

When I got it, I had to do some serious detailing, I just stuck it in the garage for a few days while I got to cleaning and fixing.

It does have some problems like the AC was damaged at some point by previous owner or whoever.

Notice on the one side the damage to the bumper. I fixed best I could but when I got the car that part of the bumper was just hanging.

My friend has this 09 that is not in as good a shape and no he doesn't take care of things well.

I will let these photos speak for the GP...

post-5745-143689060971_thumb.jpg

post-5745-14368906098_thumb.jpg

I love the 94-96 Coupes, we currently own 2 in this household, however they're not really "nice". They look decent, but do have major flaws. Mine was in great shape until I started driving it for work, and it saddens me how bad I have let it get. But being my daily work driver, I don't have much choice. 1 thing I have noticed though, it is extremely difficult to find parts to fix it up, especially in my area. Most of the junkyards within a mile really don't have anything worth salvaging off of, especially interior parts.

I have seen some really clean ones on craigslist/autotrader, but for the prices they ask, I can't really justify it over buying a newer vehicle. However, later on in life I would have no problem shelling out a good bit to have a fine specimen reside in my garage for the rest of it's life. I search craigslist nationally every now and then and find some nice ones still out there, so here's hoping there still will be in about 5-10 years.

This is a fine example out of Florida:

http://miami.craigslist.org/mdc/ctd/2146174222.html