kiwi133

So for the past week or so I have noticed that once my car gets warmed up it starts smelling like burnt coolant. It has been colder the past week but I don't think that should effect anything. It is not very strong, but when I am moveing slowly or stopped, I can smell it comeing in though the vents (i assume when I'm moving faster the smell is blown out of the engine bay to fast to come in the cabin) When I stop and pop the hood the smell is just kind of everywhere in the engine bay, but disipates pretty fast after I shut the car off.

I haven't been able to spot any leaks. I have not seen any smoke/steam. And I don't seem to be losing any coolant.

WTF? :?

Its about time something goes wrong though, 13000 miles with 0 problems! :lol:

i just had that whole coollant problem...and since it was cold as shit outside and i was in a rush...i spilt some. So i was smoking and smelling all morning. See if there are any splills anywhere...or if for some reason one of the hoses looks like its going

jon

Sounds like an atmospheric thing going on with the weather. The coolant bottle is spilling normal steam, but the surrounding air is too cold to absorb it. If you are not loosing coolant and there is no water in your oil, or oil in your water… chalk it up to a new experience and fagetabowdit.

I had the same problem with my Cutlass. I threw some of that, uh, what the hell do you call it. The stuff that patches tiny holes and whatnot in the cooling system. Seemed to work, haven't had it since.

i was also, bout to say the same thing. In my case, it burns off in a day. If you still smell it here and there, there has to be a leak (i was, until i got the new water pump).

You could also get used to the smell. Ask people if your car smells like shit. I could smell mine a few feet away when it was really messed up

jon