Door speakers for my 94 cutlass vert

Bostons94Vert

Has anyone had any success with adding speakers in the doors on a cutlass vert? The car didn't come with door speakers but I'm trying to put a component set up front and some nice coaxials in the stock locations...I appreciate any help

I installed a set of Polk Audio components in my 94 cs coupe woofers in the door and tweeters in stock location on dash. Cutout holes for woofer with a rotozip and had to fabricate some brackets for the tweeters. Mounted crossovers under passenger seat. They sounded fantastic when powered by an Alpine mrp-f600 amp, also had 6x9 Polks in the rear deck.

It really is not hard to do.

-Pull the door panel off

-Verify clearance behind panel (may require cutting some metal)

-Verify that the window mechanism or anything else won't be in the way

-Cut a hole

-Mount speaker

-Run wire through grommet in door jamb

The wiring was there on the passenger side on my '94, but not on the driver's side due to a different harness between coupe and convertible.

You will also need to cut a little but of plastic for the window/lock controls to fit as they are longer in the convertible.

Edited by ManicMechanic

It really is not hard to do.

-Pull the door panel off

-Verify clearance behind panel (may require cutting some metal)

-Verify that the window mechanism or anything else won't be in the way

-Cut a hole

-Mount speaker

-Run wire through grommet in door jamb

Most speaker sets come with a template to locate and mark the spot for your cut...and just be patient..or most shops will install what they sell for a small fee..

• 1 month later...

if you cutlass is like mine i have 95 cutlass supreme my front speakers as 5 1/2 component speaker they should have a place under the door panel where they just screw right in if not im sure wouldn't be had to do something with just mounting it to the door panel. if you dont have tweeter holes be sure not to get component speakers and get a pair of 2 ways or something unless you going to add an amp my components sounds week and dead before i added my amp in my old car.