Which Fuel injectors do i want?

sonyman87

For a while i thought i have had bad gas in every tank even after octane boost. then i read somewhere the ticking sound at highest rpm only could be my fuel injectors crapping out on me. it dosnt supprise me they have had a ruff last 50,000 miles.. total of 155xxx miles today.

so my question is for those who know and those who have done such procedures.. Im not planning on doing this myself. so i dont really need instructions.

i just want input on what fuel injectors worked best for you. what #s they are etc.. important info. That and would going with a higher #/s hurt my performance?

if i had the time at home to do it. if it takes more then 3-4 hours labor for someone who knows that they are doing.. im screwed b/c i havent pulled the plum off myself yet and i want a good 2 days break time to do it just incase something fuckes up..

if something can go wrong it will. thats my moto

Stock injectors are crap. Get the Accel's for 1/2 the price. I was quoted $75 for stock inj. for the TGP so I bought accels for $40 from JCW (Which are for sale, but too much fuel for non TGP cars) 3-4 hours my ass, I removed it in the TGP in about 30 min (I had the TB heater removed) Once you get the TB heater off, from then on, you don't need to remove the TB or even unhook the cables. I left everything hooked up, I just slid the plenum back (like it was on a hinge) and tucked it behind the engine. I can't stress enough for people to get the neat ass tool to remove those compression clamps like what is under the TB. It makes it soooo easy, and I like the clamps so then you can re-use them.

*Mumbles about not owning a digital camera* I will go borry the g/f's parents camera and take a pic.

*EDIT* Scratch that here's a pic of one from Craftsman.com mine is a little more elaborate (more adjustment, it locks closed so joo don't have to sqweeeze the whole time) 00947705000-dlv.jpg