need to save my AQ9's

w-bodys_are_the_best

My 91 Internationl sat in the garage all summer, and because of the floor sweating, I got looking in it and the seats and door panels now are starting to mold. I am cleaning the garage out this weekend/week and will get some pics. I'm going to move the cutlass outside under a steel open carport this winter. My maroon leather set from my 94 that I have been saving are now also shot and getting tossed along with alot of other crap. Next year I will be running a dehumidifier and/or window ac unit in the garage to keep the moisture out. I've never had a garage seal that good with that nice of a floor. It also does not have a drain at all which is horrible for a garage that size.

I'm hoping the dryness of the winter will help, but does anyone know how to remove the crap and try to save the interior?

I know hydrogen peroxide works wonders at killing mold (I learned this on my bathroom ceiling), but I'm not sure what possible negative effects it might have on the fabric. I suppose staining may be a possibility, but that can probably be limited by diluting it with water. Also, for your moisture troubles, I suggest getting some damp rid.

I hope they are salvagable, maroon AQ9's would be impossible to find. I don't think I've seen another set. I run a box fan in there almost all summer, I've learned to open the big doors when there is a nice cool summer night and keep them suckers closed whenever it's humid. I am going to also run a dehumidifier next year with a box fan or a window a/c with a box fan when it gets really muggy. I should also pick some damp rid also and try that, never thought of that. I am also just going to avoid puting anything in there that will be affected by the moisture. What sucks is the maroon leather seats out of my 94 CS I had saved for 5 years with the intent to possibly use in place of my AQ9's are 10x worse. I was at least going to throw them in there while I tried to get somone to re-upholster the AQ9's. The back buckets are mint, but the front like I said were going to get re-upholstered anyways.

Were they in the car when this happened? If so, the problem is probably more that there is moisture in the car that can't get out. Keep the windows cracked so that inside the car gets air movement too, and also you can buy these packets that you can put in there that suck up moisture. My bonneville sat outside from May to August in the sun with the windows up and a leaky sunroof drain right before I bought it. I had mold on everything. I pulled the interior, Power washed the carpet, trashed the foam padding and got new junkyard ones from a non-sunroof car, bleached the metal parts, soap and water on the leather parts and the foam undersides of the seats, and when I was done the car was fine. No residue or residual smells at all.

Were they in the car when this happened? If so, the problem is probably more that there is moisture in the car that can't get out. Keep the windows cracked so that inside the car gets air movement too, and also you can buy these packets that you can put in there that suck up moisture. My bonneville sat outside from May to August in the sun with the windows up and a leaky sunroof drain right before I bought it. I had mold on everything. I pulled the interior, Power washed the carpet, trashed the foam padding and got new junkyard ones from a non-sunroof car, bleached the metal parts, soap and water on the leather parts and the foam undersides of the seats, and when I was done the car was fine. No residue or residual smells at all.

I have some stuff at home that's supposed to remove mold.

It's all natural, smells like sh*t and in a pinch you could drink it and it's not toxic.

I could try and get some over the border and then have one of our W-body friends send it from there. I've seen it used on fabric and no-ill effects.

Try Armor all "Cleaning" wipes. Just used them on some AQ9s I installed in my vert that had some light mold starting from being stored in Jamie's basement. Took it right off and cleaned up nicely.

• 3 weeks later...