Tinted my front lights!

white4d96

I've been planning on doing this for awhile and finally got around to it. The fog bar and corner lights had been done before but I stripped the corners, got a 'new' fog lens, and tinted those with the new tint (my first experience using the rustoleum tint and I love it, ten times better than niteshades)

I was able to go a little darker than usual on the heads thanks to having 55w HID's in the low beams. I have a spare set I may stick into my highs for appearances' sake and to offset the tint there as well. 'Fog' lights house the blinkers so no issues there.

I also replaced the 194's while I had the headlights out with blue bulbs. Notice one set is bluer than the other? I don't get it either.

100_1700.jpg

100_1703.jpg

100_1702.jpg

100_1701.jpg

100_1704.jpg

I haven't decided yet TBH. I originally did it because I was going to find some foglights to retrofit into the blinker spots but now I have the Lexus fogs that I love so that's kinda pointless now.

I could take a video showing them working if you wanted. I feel they're a little brighter than the stock blinkers, although that may be because they're not going through amber tint...

Thanks! I need to get batteries so I can take some night shots of it. Surprisingly they aren't that bad. When I tinted the first one my first thought was oh shit I'm going to hate this at night, but after I did it and went for a test drive I was floored: They're still better than stock lights (and my first set of HID's.)

it looks decent, but headlights are one of the few things that I will not ever mod in such a way as tinting or whatever, thats why there's headlight covers available. That's just me :dunno: at any rate, looks pretty good otherwise

it looks decent, but headlights are one of the few things that I will not ever mod in such a way as tinting or whatever, thats why there's headlight covers available. That's just me :dunno: at any rate, looks pretty good otherwise

Yeah there bad enough on our cars with hid's Let alone tint them! Would not do that. Its a very bad idea, If you get in a wreck of any kind at night. Or hit head on etc. They can blame it on the lights.

That is true. Unless he has the Bi exon kit. that is high and low in one Kit.

A lot of those are just a halogen high beam and a xenon low beam. Not sure if the xenon turns off when the halogen turns on.

I may just get a set of Nokya bulbs for the highs. Make a relay harness for them so I don't cook my stock wiring (unless it would be fine with 100w bulbs instead of the 55w ones.)

Got pulled over on Tuesday night for my fog lights and the officer made no complaints about the lights FWIW.

I may just get a set of Nokya bulbs for the highs. Make a relay harness for them so I don't cook my stock wiring (unless it would be fine with 100w bulbs instead of the 55w ones.)

Got pulled over on Tuesday night for my fog lights and the officer made no complaints about the lights FWIW.

Even if you upgrade your wiring, you do realize that a 100W halogen light will get REALLY hot, right?

http://www.w-body.com/showthread.php/47097-Non-Factory-Lighting-for-Dummies-HID-HIR-etc

Even if you upgrade your wiring, you do realize that a 100W halogen light will get REALLY hot, right?

http://www.w-body.com/showthread.php/47097-Non-Factory-Lighting-for-Dummies-HID-HIR-etc

I'm aware. I'll probably just do the HID route. My brother gave me a 9006 set from his Integra, the bulbs are faded as hell but the ballasts are still good. Not the best route but it would be cheaper than buying the Nokya's and a harness.

Uh oh...something I said?

First time driving on the interstate with these lights and they are sure as Christmas going back to stock. Well, the headlights at least. They were great for 2-lane rural highways but get on a 3-lane interstate at midnight and THEY SUCK! WHO'DA THUNK IT!?

Tl;dr version: You told me so.

Uh oh...something I said?

First time driving on the interstate with these lights and they are sure as Christmas going back to stock. Well, the headlights at least. They were great for 2-lane rural highways but get on a 3-lane interstate at midnight and THEY SUCK! WHO'DA THUNK IT!?

Tl;dr version: You told me so.

:thumbsup:

I may hunt around and try and find some covers to keep the same look, because I LOVE how it looks, it's just that the light output leaves a lot to be desired.

Of course I could just go half-assed and get HID's for my fogs to make up for the output =P

Look into window tint...the tint i bought for my Monte headlights, is similar to (i think it IS) window tint.

It is made to change the color of the lights, but not affect the light output..

Mine was specifically R-Vinyl i bought it off ebay.

May be a nice way to still get the look you want, but keep you safe!

• 2 weeks later...

Tint removal time!

Take this:

IMG_0084.jpg

add this:

IMG_0085.jpg

Halfway there...

IMG_0083.jpg

Done!

IMG_0086.jpg

Nasty water after I was done!

IMG_0088.jpg

After I installed them I found spots where the tint was still there very faintly that I couldn't see in my basement, but for now it's fine. Light output is shittons better! Then again, it sure better be!