there's a vert in the local yard by me

ss427

So my local junkyard got a vert in over the summer while I was home from school. They also got in their 2nd petty GP! But anyways, the vert is 100% complete car. If anybody needs anything let me know and I can get prices/pics for you next time I'm over there.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Kevin the rubber weatherstrips on windshield pillars were nice and soft, but did have cracking if you pinched the rubber. I couldn't find any chunks missing or separated. I couldn't get a good picture because they have the car sandwiched so tight between two cars..

Thanks, but i got to thinking that getting the windshield rubber strips out is impossible as I believe they are glued in anyway.

:dance: Now if the power antenna works, I could use that!:dance:

Kevin in ND

The power antenna from a w-body Regal will work, that's what I did to my '95. Just make sure to get the relay and a bit of the harness from the Regal. If you reuse your mounting hardware from your Cutlass, it will sit properly on your car. I did mine preserving the original plug, (stole the wiring after the plug on my bad antenna, then spliced in the Regal wiring on the scrap piece) in case I ever find a good Cutlass antenna, I can just plug and play. The only downside is the antenna is chrome, rather than black, but if the choice is between chrome, and a nonfuctional antenna, I can live with the chrome.

Edited by Galaxie500XL

Great info Thanks, I'd heard vert antennas were different (shorter). Mine is chrome. next time I get near a yard. I'll ask.

Kevin in ND

Here's the pic of mine with the Regal antenna...I didn't notice a difference...

post-4483-143689052978_thumb.jpg

:thumbsup:SHARP :thumbsup: Looks alot like mine.

Mine only goes up about 2/3's and only down to last section. Tried pouring grease cleaners and windex, then wiping what I could reach without success.

Kevin ND (Car now stored for winter)