The Pepsi Saga: Injector Indulgance

mra32

Dont wanna stick the flag in this one since if I did, it would be the 3rd time, but after hooking up the EGR and running it after cleaning, it seems better. I think i'll seafoam it also when i do the motor mount on friday.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mra32

• RobertISaar

• Crazy K

• xtremerevolution

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Same Ol' same ol'. Idle like carp after the ride to work. I'll check the tps, do some seafoam, and change the motor mount friday. If I feel really awesome i might even take the plenum off and check out the impedance of the injectors, make sure the wiring to the O2 sensor is good by checking the voltage at the sensor and then to the pin on the ecm, make sure the ecm has good connection, since for some reason i think something is not too kosher on the connector, but honestly I forget

Tested the TPS. Full sweep voltage goes from .65 volts to 4.23 volts. This was entirely repeatable. Seems normalish, but my Haynes manual was really vague when telling what to check for when testing the TPS. Anyone got the specs to fill in the gaps the Haynes left?

Decided to backprobe the only injector you can see without taking the plenum off. Yielded 3 ohms...multiple times. I suppose injectors are in order for my car? Anyone got some or good (cheap) sources for some? I'm not getting to the yard anytime soon.

BUMPITY

Anyone know about TPS jawns?

Tested the TPS. Full sweep voltage goes from .65 volts to 4.23 volts. This was entirely repeatable. Seems normalish, but my Haynes manual was really vague when telling what to check for when testing the TPS. Anyone got the specs to fill in the gaps the Haynes left?

Have a 3.1 fuel rail coming my way via Dinunzio. I'll try to make sure i have working injectors this friday. I was a little bewildered looking at the injector O-Rings on Rockauto/Advance Auto Parts. Seemed like there were alot to choose from and I have never torn down beyond taking the plenum off. Suggestions?

IIRC, the injectors are wired in parallel (in two banks as well) so you're effectively measuring the total resistance of the whole bank. Not to mention if the harness was still connected to the ECM, the drivers will lower the resistance as well. 3 ohms is pretty close to what I'd expect to see there, so you don't necessarily have bad injectors.