Stock radio quit working.

whiteSE

OK, first off - it's not the radio in my GP that quit. Actually, it's the one in my parent's Lumina APV.

Anyway, the radio worked fine the other day. Then all of a sudden it doesn't work, there is still a buzz coming from the speakers when you turn it on but nothing otherwise. The clock display is also out. So far, that is all I know until I take a closer look but, does anyone have any idea as to why that would happen.

Is the radio dead or is it a connection??

Sorry, it's not a W-Body (distant cousin maybe? :D ) Everyone here seems fairly knowledgeable so I thought you guys might know.

Thanks.

a buzzing? is the buzzing the same volume no matter what you do? pull it out and play with both the antenna wire and speaker/power harness. jiggle them around and see if it fixes it. if it does, somethings loose, if it doesnt the radio is broken. a replacement should be cheap off ebay/jukyard, and im sure other gm radios can fit

It seems to be - there is a whole ton of construction work be done to the main road near where I live. I suppose it's possible that it could have vibrated loose a connection.

Thanks for the idea, I'll have to check it out.

Thanks.