sorry...new question about amps

pwmin

Why not just forget about the amp then? You have a radio right? Just wire your speakers up to that for the time being.

not sure why exactly, but I'm really against that idea. If I didn't have to buy sod and all this other crap, I'd spend the money on a Memphis. I might spend a little more and go with the Infinity FIVE I said about earlier since I've been getting a little extra cash putting an engine in a Prelude and Fuckus and cleaning them up to sell for my dad. i hate the fact that the power wires are on the right side, though. It's going to cost me $360 w/ a 3-year warranty from the website xtreme suggested for the Infinity. Dammit, I decided to go el cheapo and now I've changed and can't decide. I wanted to order these tonight.

Edited by pwmin

Well, got the amps Friday and installed them today. Since there are no covers for the wires, which makes my installation really ugly, and I keep getting advised to build a box, I'm going to go get some MDF to make a box and a cover to hide the wires...hopefully this coming weekend. Doesn't sound too bad even with crappy amps and even shittier subs and speakers.

Well, got the amps Friday and installed them today. Since there are no covers for the wires, which makes my installation really ugly, and I keep getting advised to build a box, I'm going to go get some MDF to make a box and a cover to hide the wires...hopefully this coming weekend. Doesn't sound too bad even with crappy amps and even shittier subs and speakers.

What amps did you get?

What amps did you get?
umm...not saying :showoff:

i ended up getting the Crunch amps. I forgot I had taken the Infinities out of the Camaro and put them in the '91 Prix I had and put the no-name speakers that were in the GP into the 'maro, so getting good amps would've probably been worthless, anyway. If I end up keeping it, I'll get better speakers and a better amp. I'm hoping to build the amp cover and sub box by next weekend.

started looking at building a box and remembered how much of a bitch they are to build for these. Think I'm going to hold off for now. I did find one online for $110 shipped and it looked pretty well built.