STUPID CAR KEEP STALLING

GRANDFURY

Ok i've replaced my fuel filter, put on new wires and plugs new air filter, fixed my vaccuum leak and everything was good for a few days and today I had the same problem just shut the car off and then it wouldn't start back up again :evil: Stupid thing only does it sometimes under different conditions, and some times it stalls in drive or reverse when i'm idleing. After it sits for about half hour to a hour it starts right up and drives fine. I've already checked the fuel pump but it seems fine. Oh yeah the car is a 89" grand prix 2.8L. Any ideas?? This is driving me crazy :?

Hey, I see you're in London, Ontario as well...

I have a lot of various tools that I can use to help you diagnose your problems...I have an OBD Scanner, Fuel Pressure Gauge, Vacuum Gauges etc. and am pretty good at diagnositc work...

Let me know if you want to get together one day!:)

well I didn't really check the fuel pump but I heard it turn on and I just did the fuel filter. I did an idle relearn but now it runs worse :? I just bought a crank sensor but I can't see where the old one is I think I know but can only feel it not see.

Could it be the O2 sensor?

Yeah, those Fuel Pressure gauges can be $$$. I dont think its the O2. The ECM only uses the O2 input once its warmed up and in closed loop, otherwise it uses the MAP and other inputs. And when in closed loop it just uses the O2 to read a rich or lean condition. A have never heard of a bad O2 makin the car stall, usually its a really rich condition. However, you might as well go ahead and change it if you feel its necessary. Its easy, and a new one is only like $20

Robby