Off with the old....

95whitevert

roof and on with the new. The roof material was purchased from Electron Tops along with the window with the defroster. I had Milla's Auto Upholstery in Kensington, MD install the roof. Total was around $1200. He also reupholstered both my sun visors that were missing about 50% of the fabric. They look sooo much better. I was hoping to get at least another year out of the old roof, but no luck with that.

Quick question for everyone, I've installed the Flowmaster Delta 40's in the vert and the drone at 2000 rpm is ear bleeding. I replaced the stock resonator with a 6" Magnaflow hoping to eliminate the drone, but was only partially successful. I got to get rid of 'em soon or my already lousy hearing will be gone soon. So what brand/model is everyone else using for mufflers? There isn't a lot of room to work with under the cutty so any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks 94....I now know that the 40s series is one of the more aggressive sounding mufflers, I just don't want to make the same mistake again when I rip them off.

As for the liner, it is in really good shape so I did not have to replace it. The installer just reused it...

There is a nice write-up in Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) under 60* Engine Mods for NewB's.

Sorry, I could not figure out how to make a link. Maybe someone smarter could do that.

George - Thanks for the suggestion.

I should have to said the Magnaflow was 6" wide/18" long instead of just 6"....Looks like I am going to rip off the Flowmasters next week and install the Magnaflow XL's. I am going to purchase the same tips...

• 4 weeks later...

Yep but they suck (I recorded more the the wind then the sound of the mufflers) so I will try again soon....

Edited by 95whitevert

Well get them up soon!!!!!!

Here is a quick clip using my old camera....

[video=youtube;ODG9x_dLHYg]

Here is a quick clip using my old camera....

[video=youtube;ODG9x_dLHYg]

Sounds good man. Has a nice mellow tone to it. Good job. Haven't put the flowmasters on my Vert yet