• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jake91

• 94 olds vert

• GnatGoSplat

• GOT2B GM

Mine is leaking from the opposite side of the sensor/filler neck/cap so I know it's not that.

I did take a few pics, but you can't really tell where it's been leaking from. There's a clean spot going all the way up to the hose, but that clean spot looks like it could have been caused by steam wafting up from the leak area (there is a good deal of steam if I leave the hood open).

If the problem is common for 94 verts, then it looks like a couple of us will be replacing radiators soon!

Jake , go to a junkyard and pull a good radiator and install it in your car.

Cost effective, and solves the problem properly.

Problem with a JY radiator is you won't know if it has this problem or will soon.

This is very true. And the reason I didn't get a junkyard one. To me it wasn't worth flushing out an 15 year old radiator

and reusing it.

Even if it was replaced, I still wanted a new one.

ROLF!

J/Y radiator all the way. 1994 up LQ1s use thicker radiators than 3100 cars. as for 3800 cars, I would imagine they use the same radiator as an LQ1.

Go pull one from a 99 lumina! It ain't fifteen years old!

I'll probably end up getting a new one. There is nothing I hate more than having to redo something because I skimped the first time. I bought an eBay A/C compressor once w/1yr warranty. It died after 1-1/2 yrs. I'm pretty pissed I have to go through all that crap again.

My problem with that is, we have 3 cutlasses that have had a bad radiator, just in this thread alone.

And another one will probably go bad as well.

Are those all 3100 or 3.1L radiators?

I'll probably end up getting a new one. There is nothing I hate more than having to redo something because I skimped the first time. I bought an eBay A/C compressor once w/1yr warranty. It died after 1-1/2 yrs. I'm pretty pissed I have to go through all that crap again.

Couldn't have said it better myself. I hate doing things twice...

If the leak isn't bad, I would keep adding to the car until you can afford a new radiator. Check out radiator.com or 1-800-radiator. Their prices are typically way cheaper than what you get from a part store. 1-800-radiator actually supplies some part stores. O'reilly auto parts lists the 1'' core radiator for $135.99 here locally. They get their radiators(my local one at least) from 1800radiator for what it's worth.

Jake, make sure the hose clamps are tight on your upper and lower radiator hoses, and be sure your drain cock is tight as well. If all of these check out, just get a new radiator. I paid $25 for a new radiator out of a Lumina at the U-pull in Chandler. Someone must have junked the car right after putting in a new radiator :lol: Its an easy install as well.

Edit: I think I paid $25 on one of their "half off" days, and you need to bring in your old radiator as a core or you will be charged more. Luckily I had my old one on me so I didn't have to make the trip twice :cool:

well my radiator just said "fuck this" tonight let off a hiss and poured out its coolant all over the garage floor. i popped the hood and it is leaking out halfway up the drivers side of the radiator :cussing: :damnit1: :gr_mad:

LMAO i went out and took a look at it better now that i found a flashlight and it just might be the main hose of the rad. it is always compleatly dry but it looks like there is a dry coolant line running down from it so i will take i for a drive tommorow heat up the engine and see if i canreplcate it again