So what is the parts demand these days (fenders, spoilers, stbs, etc...)?

slick

Thats how much they wanted for a GA hood, 75 for a bumper cover, 75 for each fender... Way higher than I was expecting

What are you looking for? I'm going to go look around at two places tomorrow to see if there are any new cars that have been put out. I can bring a camera and take pictures of hoods, fenders, etc. (Of course there may be 2 feet of snow on top of them.)

I know you'll be driving back through here pretty soon.

Here's a price list for one yard. The other one doesn't really have a price list except for engines, transmissions, alternators, etc. Everything else is pretty negotiable.

GA hood? Grand....Am??? That can't be it....

http://www.lkqselfserve.com/FindaLocation/LKQMichiganIndianaIllinois/LKQSouthBendSelfServeAutoParts/tabid/188/Default.aspx

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• slick

• AL

• jeremy

• bg35765

Top Posters In This Topic

Not much luck today. I found 3 white Grand Ams, but 2 of them were 1995s. I saw your post that your friend's is a 2001. I did find one from that generation.

th_IMG_5446.jpg

th_IMG_5447.jpg

th_IMG_5448.jpg

One good fender, one bad fender, The cars at this yard are just laying on the ground, and with that much snow I was not going to take the time to find out the condition of the hood. But I would bet it is messed up on the same side as the bad fender.

I did find a few other things that may interest some people here:

1991 (?) Grand Prix with a full set of nice looking gold crosslace wheels. The center caps have "ABS" on them. The valance was broken.

th_IMG_5438.jpg

The same car has a tan colored HUD. The adjuster tab is broken.

th_IMG_5441.jpg

A different 1991 Grand Prix with similar wheels. Only 2 of the 4 were still there. Center caps were blank. Valance was gone.

th_IMG_5440.jpg

This car also has a gray-colored HUD and the adjuster tab is not broken. I tried to take off just that piece, but there was no easy way to get the adjustment cable out without removing the whole thing. So I left it for now. Also last I checked nobody had bid on jimmyfloyd's ebay auction, so I am not sure if the demand is really there.

th_IMG_5439.jpg

There were two Lumina Z34s. One had the spoiler (pictured below) and had a steering wheel although the horn pad was gone. Both had at least one hood louvers. (Had to dig to check so I only checked one side on each.) On the other car the steering wheel and spoiler were gone.

th_IMG_5442.jpg

I could also get a 3.1 strut tower bar off a 1991 convertible if someone wants it. There is a full set of 4 CS sawblades in good shape too.

But the day was almost a total bust for me. Neither junkyard had any Cutlass Supremes that were not there 3 weeks ago. All I got was 1 pin cup that I forgot the last time and 1 front rocket emblem that was in good shape.

How much do they want for the charcoal GP HUD and adjuster switch?

That is at the more expensive of the 2 places -- probably around $30.

I was able to get a Cutlass one for $10 at the other place.