HELP! problems with 90 lumina euro

90lumina3.1

I have a 90 lumina euro 3.1. i love my car, but lately it has had problems starting up. it will attempt to start, and then stall, and do this repeatadly. i found it to start normally if i shut off the key, and turn then try to start it again. it also feels like its getting a miss at some times. i am using all stock parts, except for bosch platinum plugs. if anyone has had this problem and knows how to fix it, or just has an idea, it would be greatly appreciated. my other problem with it is that it shifts hard, and sometimes slips before it goes into gear again (auto w/ overdrive)

Switch to stock delco coppers and see what happens.

Bosch is not to be used with waste-spark ignition.

...not even bosch "supers" ($0.99) :shock: (if those are "super", what's their "crap"?)

-MaD-

I have the Bosch +4's in my Lumina 3.1L. I don't have a single complaint to this day on them. Actually, I have picked up about 3 more mpg since I've starting using them.

Aaron

UPDATE: i just went out and bought autolite copper core plugs... i hope it works. i also bought some cab and choke cleaner, since i usually use it every few k miles. but now i noticed another thing... is it ok if the rubber bushing on the torque strut is ripped? my drivers side one has a rip straight from the middle to the outside... just wondering

Why didn't you just get the stock AC Delco coppers? They're about the best you can use. Other than the rapidfires...

Might as well do it right the first time!

Also, the best, carb cleaner to use is GM Top Engine Cleaner, other decarbs are poop compared to it. The GM part Number is: 1050002

Lastly, the dogbones shouldn't be ripped, a replacement one is usually around $15 each, you can get em at pep boys, auto zone, etc. I believe a company called "Anchor" makes em, though I'm sure other companies make em too... They're a direct stock replacement, nothing fancy, just black, dirty cast iron, and black, dirty rubber. but for $15, they work great.

It's better than driving around with split ones...

Lah,

-MaD-

course ill drop the money for the poly dogbones... the cheap plugs still work just fine... i hope

at least the dogbones will help with the torque transfer, as if my car doesnt slip around enough already :lol:

well, the plugs seem to have fixed the problems with the starting, but i still am having performance issues, and just found out that 3/4 bushings on the dogbones are all shot... guess those poly ones look better