Jag off cut my radio wires, now it won't stay on the same channel.

Octavarium454

So when I bought my 97 GTP, some jag off cut all the radio wires. Well I finally got a stock radio that worked in my donor car (01 GP SE) and installed it. I got power to it, and my speakers all work. However, no matter what station I turn it to, within 5 seconds it will revert to AM radio. Also does the same thing when listening to a cd. Anyone know if I could of spliced the wrong wires together? This is confusing the hell out of me, as I don't like electrical work at all.

steering wheel controls?

Why yes I have them but when I noticed they were never hooked up (yeah, I'm asking wtf right about now too). Let me install them and see what happens.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok I was looking underneath by the steering column and I noticed there was a green wire with a white stripe on it and a black wire that were both in a connector that was connected to nothing. I am assumming black means it is a ground and I believe this is where my problem may lie. However I could not find where this connects to. I would like to keep the RSWC in, otherwise I will be swapping for a steering column without radio controls into the car.

Aha, figured it out. There were 2 blue wires, and I got them wrong by a 50/50 chance. Disconnected them and viola! The radio stays on the station I want. Oddly though when I put the rights ones together they did nothing, my radio was still fine, but I noticed nothing different from when I had them disconnected. What do these blue wires do then?