Two new TGP problems, Powermaster, and Radio

EMNCFI

The radio one is minor, just some annoying background engine noise when the radio is on, guessing a bad ground, seems to have started since I replaced the alternator, but the big problem is still my brakes. The accumulator has been replaced now the second time this time with a OEM part, this problem happened with both accumulators. Now with the second one, I blead the braked, as did a good tire shop I trust here, and finally the dealership did. What happenes is that the pump runs each time you apply the brakes, the e brake does not work, and when you panic brake, it takes about a second or two before you really get any kind of brake effectivness. So while I look for a ground problem on the radio, I would love some input on this brake problem, like I know some of you really smart people here have!

HELP!

Radio - something is loose or failing in the stock unit most likely, it's a common issue. Most just replace the stock unit with something aftermarket and no longer have the annoying buzz/whine(EMI).

Parking brake -: Another common issue, check out the following link. http://www.w-body.com/service/brakes-parkbrakelever.html

As for the PMIII issue...if those accumulators are charged properly, I would venture to guess that you have a bad pressure switch. When the accumulator pressure drops below a certain level, the pressure switch grounds the pump relay to run the PMIII motor and recharge the system pressure. Are either of the brake related lights on the cluster lighting up?

Will do on the test, afa the radio, I am trying to keep the car totally stock, kind of a purest that way. The hard part seems to be finding a pressure switch, I know some company makes them now that prior is out of the PMIII business, can't remember the name though. maybe SAI Electronics? will try that all when I am back in town on Friday

i have seen radio whine caused by a sick but not yet dead alternator.

have that tested.

ALL of them are sick but not yet dead for that year. it might test out good and still be sub-par

what a lot of people don't realize is how much better the one is that came out a few years later. when I started using the new style and saw the difference first hand I was shocked at how crappy the stock ones are.

I am trying to get another one built by this one shop in springfield. you need a special case and slightly modify it.

hey man, you are from portland.

you should give a call to PM Alternator in Springfield.

I just called him and he is going to piece me another one together for my red TGP, and you could get him to do another one at the same time. since he is really busy, I don't know how long it might take him to get a couple built. but he does top notch work and you will be extremely satisfied with your alt. the last one he built me powered a 2000 watt stereo and charged my two batteries to 14.7 volts under load.

the stock alt spikes, and makes my car throw codes. hovers around 12-13 volts and the car stalls from it.

I figured I would throw the info out there since you are the only Oregon TGP owner here besides me. If you got one of these alts, you and me would be the only forum members who have this alternator.

Will do on the test, afa the radio, I am trying to keep the car totally stock, kind of a purest that way. The hard part seems to be finding a pressure switch, I know some company makes them now that prior is out of the PMIII business, can't remember the name though. maybe SAI Electronics? will try that all when I am back in town on Friday

Good luck with that switch, i tired last year to find one to no avail.

How much did the GM pressure switches cost when they where available?

Also, if anyone knows any detailed specs on the stock switch offhand, please PM me (for instance, according to Chris A., the switch opens the circuit at 1800 psi).

Hopefully I have a working spare to play with, I want to try to find a replacement for these things.

How much did the GM pressure switches cost when they where available?

they used to be $125 or something.

pretty sure I got a few of them.