Sony Deck Problems - Not playing AM stations

AWeb80

This is for my honda...but I figured I'd post it here.

It's a 7000x Xplod deck that is 9 years old. Was in the GP for 4 then out for 2 and now in the honda for the last 3.

Everything works great except last week it started to not pick up AM stations....is this something internal that let loose?

FM and CD's play and sound great....I just checked the antenna at the reciever and it's still good.

what is the problem here?

Probably didn't like all that Rush Limbaugh, decided it was best to kill itself.

:sahurr: :sadownsrim:

I'm not able to listen to him anyways....he's on when I'm at work...work + no radios = Phail

I figured something went wrong inside...that sucks...

Now I can't get Nebraska football....I need to find a sony deck before Saturday...So it will snap right in to the back of my current harness....

I'd be very very careful about that. I know when I tried that with two Pioneer decks I totally fried the second deck because there are minute wiring differences with each individual deck, probably so they can sell more replacement harnesses.

I'd be very very careful about that. I know when I tried that with two Pioneer decks I totally fried the second deck because there are minute wiring differences with each individual deck, probably so they can sell more replacement harnesses.

QFT.

Model year differences actually. The plug is the same, but some of the wires are not. If you get the deck, verify that the colors are in the same pin locations.

• 3 weeks later...

I would verify the antenna wire is plugged in from the receiver to the antenna. If there is more than one plug to the antenna (plugs in somewhere else in the vehicle further down the dash, etc)..and pull the antenna out all the way just to see.

On some old Suzukis they won't put up AM stations at all if the antenna isn't out far enough (too much interfence from electronics in the vehicle). If you have a bad plug wire that'll fuck your AM reception too.

Most SOnys are interchangeable. All 3 of mine are and the ages range from 2 to 6 years old.

Damn, my CDX-M620 is even older than that, I think...Still works as well as the day I bought it.

like lets say somewhere around 50 for the deck and 10 for shipping.. so 60 bucks.. has a remote too if i find the correct one... if you think my price is high since i already know u want to spend 20 but this deck is decent and good.. shoot me an offer if too high..