Cranks but wont start, 93 DOHC

AL

I just finished getting everything attached on the 91 today and went to crank it over and it wouldnt fire... I sprayed starting fluid and it fired... So I have spark... I can hear the fuel pump prime and I pushed the schrader valve and fuel squirted at me... I then used a noid light on the injectors and they did not flash, What would cause my injectors not to pulse, but leave me with spark?

Edit: In the title it says its a 93 DOHC, thats because that is what I pulled the motor out of, the car however is a 91, the Manual trans is out of a 92 if it matters.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• AL

• Crazy K

• White93z34

• ns87

Top Posters In This Topic

A bad injector can cause all to not pulse, My old 3.4 euro lost a injector and it had the exact same symptoms you describe. to test half of the injectors, pull the plastic fuel rail cover and unplug just one injector and try starting it, move down the line and see if you get pulse back. I never did ohm out my bad injector to see what It was reading.

Also, check all your fuses just in case.

honestly if you have a known good fuel rail with injectors i'd just change the whole damn thing out.

alternatively you could get a multimeter and ohm check all the injectors that *should* let you know if one is bad.

12.4 Ohms across the front three... I havent taken the intake off yet to do the back three... The injectors are either constantly gounded or always have power and the PCM either shoots power for a sec or grounds it to make them pulse... I am thinking the constant (either power or ground) is whats not making it to the injector... My fuses are good.

the fsm shows it to ground within the PCM...

before you rip the intake off, with the three front injectors unplugged, probe the connector for one of those injector and you should get an reading for the rear injectors, since they are wired in parrallel.

that reading should be around 4-4.5 ohms, with the key off.

All of the PCM grounds tested good... 2 sensor ground did not light the test light in the green connector... but the sensor ground in the yellow connector lit the test light... Should the other 2 sensor grounds have lit the test light?

no, i only took one connector off at a time... should all three front ones be off at the same time

yes.

assume a parallel circuit, and the injectors all have the same observed ohms of 12.4. if you can't get to three injectors, but you can unplug the other three, you are measuring the summed up total of the injectors

(3 injectors)

(12.4+12.4+12.4) / 3 37.2 / 3 12.4

ohms= ------------------------- = ----------- = ------- = 4.13

3 3 3

(5 injectors)

(12.4+12.4+12.4+12.4+12.4) / 5 62 / 5 12.4

ohms= ------------------------------------------ = ---------- = ------- = 2.48

5 5 5

they are in parallel, and your measurement of 4.2 ohms for 3, or 2.6 ohms for 5 is consistent.

your issue is elsewhere.