Can anyone ID this part for me (Newbie)

wifes93

Hi Guys,

A fellow Cutlass Convertible fan recommended this site to me. Looks pretty interesting! Anyway, I bought my wife a 93' Vert' a couple of years ago and we really enjoy it. So much so, that I have bought 2 more. One a parts car and the other possibly parts car. Both to donate parts as needed for her car. I decided to sell a few parts off of the one that was hit hard in the front and came across a few parts that I do not know they're function. Look to be some kind of breaker or relay? The one is back in the convertible well and is a black box about the size 4 inches by 6 or 7 inches. Says TRW on it. The other was a very small box with a yellow plug and was located underneath the console. Any guesses to what they are and they're function?

Thanks,

Gary Baker

93' Olds Cutlass Convertible 3.4 DOHC RED

93' Olds Cutlass Convertible 3.4 DOHC Blue

94' Olds Cutlass Convertible 3.4 DOHC Red

The thing wrapped in blue plastic is the keyless entry module. the plastic wrap is vert specific and is intended to prevent water damage, but the part is not vert specific.

The other thing it the airbag crash sensor. it is 94 only, but not vert specific.

Thanks Crazy K! Is there anyway that I can use the keyless entry module with its matching key fob in my wifes car? When we bought hers..... it did not come with a fob. I checked to see if it had the same box behind the seat in her car and it does. Can I simply unplug it and plug the one in from the other car and expect it to work?

Thanks again,

Gary

You just need to set the fob to your wife's car. No need to replace the module. There's a pigtail by the antenna that you ground to set the fob to the car. I believe there is a writeup on it here on the forum.

what he said! :thumb:

by the antenna would be a loose plug on a black wire, simply ground it. your door locks should cycle, and then hit the button on up to two remotes to program them to that car. additionally, the same remote can be programmed to multiple cars.

Thanks for the tip guys! I'll try it tomorrow as I just got home a little bit ago and its past midnight now. I'll post a note on this topic to let you know how I did.

Gary