• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 94GPGTP

• RobertISaar

• ss427

• White93z34

well im back home.. the car is rottedand a POS.. Tomorrow i will have a Part Out Thread for it with some pictures... Everything is up for grabs except the 5 speed stuff.. so get your thinking caps on and let me know what you need.. it has the factory cd player in it.. Engine wont last but maybe another 5 miles...

250k on a 282 is one thing, but 250k on a non-rebuildable 284 is another..

best of luck to ya..

I used to double clutch my bad third gear all the time... seemed to help.

I WISH I could find someone to rebuild a 284

Does anyone have a 284 opened? im looking for the syncro gears.. My neighbor agreed to try to make them.. he has been a machinest for 20 years.. he needs them to copy.. let me know because if he can do them syncros are up for sale..

what does the yo stand for after FTMFW?

I just need the syncros to copy so anyone that has them out let me know i want to start this syncro project asap.. :mrgreen:

Fo Da Muda Fukin Win YO!

???

I have a spare 284 that needs a rebuild... but from what I remember you need a jig to dissemble it.

provided the AIR pump works, I want it.

Speaking of dumbass, What is double clutching?

pushing the clutch in, shifting into neutral, letting clutch out, pushing clutch back in, shift into next gear...

Speaking of dumbass, What is double clutching?

pushing the clutch in, shifting into neutral, letting clutch out, pushing clutch back in, shift into next gear...

WTF good what that do?

it synchronizes the gears when the actual synchros are gone. that way you don't grind the living shit out it trying to move it into the next gear...

it synchronizes the gears when the actual synchros are gone. that way you don't grind the living shit out it trying to move it into the next gear...

Interesting... I'll keep that in mind... Thx!

I have a spare 284 that needs a rebuild... but from what I remember you need a jig to dissemble it.

Chris

would the 282 assembly pallet work? Other than that u want to sell the whole trans

or want to rip it apart? Lol.

The air pump. That's in the front bumper/fender well?? It's yours I will check operation of it. How does it work? Electronic? Does it run all the time?

Sorry it didn't work out better for you.. If the CD player works I would be interested in that.

Steve

Cd Player Has a clicking noise when a cd is in the slot.. will not accept it.. But man that radio is da bomb.. a little more treble and i like it.. everything works on it but the cd player..

Chris how do i check the AIR pump to be sure it works.. i checked it out and its there minimal rust in that area..

there is a relay in the relay center that you can pull out and jump and it will turn on.

i assume the pump is no good.. jumped the relay and the fuse popped.. replaced it with another and popped again.. then put a jumper to test one last time and nothing.. is it worth anything to you as for parts?