GMPP trailing arms on national backorder?

GutlessSupreme

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• White93z34

• 19Cutlass94

• GutlessSupreme

• Crazy K

• 2 weeks later...

I checked this part number today at my dealership.

I was told that the part is NOW a ship direct part and there is no vender for the part.

Meaning that the people that where making the part for GM either folded, closed or discontinuned the part.

Someone might buy the tooling or they might restart manufactoring them

But, if you see a set for sale and you dont have a set Id buy them

Just as a side note, the Moog arms I just bought arrived last week, and they are the u-bend arms, NOT tubular arms. That being said, they look a lot more solid than the stock arms, and the bushings were my biggest concern anyway.

• 4 weeks later...

i have a 1 year old set of gmpp tubular arms just sitting here doing nothing :lol:

want to get rid of them? :mrgreen:

So I just got my second order cancellation on these, from gmbuyparts.com this time.

Does anyone have any experience with the w-body store arms? they list them as tubular but have 5 of the same pic of u-channel arms.

I'm not spending $130 on BMR arms..

BMR arms are fucking beefy! Stock tire size I only have 1/2 clearance. I love em though.

Which stock tire size? I'm running 245/50s on TGP crosslaces.. they are pretty wide motherfuckers.

BMR arms are fucking beefy! Stock tire size I only have 1/2 clearance. I love em though.

Which stock tire size? I'm running 245/50s on TGP crosslaces.. they are pretty wide motherfuckers.

Im running the stock 215/60's.

Im running the stock 215/60's.

I doubt the 245/50's would clear then...unless you had some 1/4 or 1/2" spacers

Just got off the phone with the local chevy dealer, according to the parts guy I deal with they are available, I'm probably going to order a set whiten the next day or so i'll report back once I can say for 100%

I just stopped by the Chevy dealer as well, he checked with GM's automated line and it said something to the effect of "This part is not available from the source." He did tell me that the computer showed two dealers with them in stock, in Wisconsin and Maine... so I'm gonna give a Maine dealer a call and see if they'll ship.

• 4 weeks later...

Just order a set of BMR arms. Just got payed for taking someone to the airport yesterday. they gave me $100 for sitting with them for almost 2 hours trying to get them out of the nyc to newark airport during all that freeking rain.

I meant to post this, but while the GMPP arms are not presently available. Impala Police trailing arms are.

GM part number: 15856683, and you need 2 of them.

they are square stock rather then tubular, I have a set that I just bought for another member and they seem just as good as the GMPP ones were. I don't have pictures now as I am at work, but they should be a suitable replacement.

I meant to post this, but while the GMPP arms are not presently available. Impala Police trailing arms are.

GM part number: 15856683, and you need 2 of them.

they are square stock rather then tubular, I have a set that I just bought for another member and they seem just as good as the GMPP ones were. I don't have pictures now as I am at work, but they should be a suitable replacement.

??? there is a 9C1 in the local j/y and it has tubular lateral links... that someone asshole ruined... :evil:

earlier Police impalas seemed to have the GMPP "Style" however in my research I could not find a part number listing, eventually I found the part number for individual round GMPP style arms individually, but they are cost prohibitive to buy at $50 each wheras these run about $30 each.

I ordered them for a 2005 Police impala.

sorry for the crappy picture in advance.

DSCN6929.JPG

they feel plenty solid, and when they are laid on top of a factory stamped steel bar they line up just fine, so while the GMPP arms are probably gone, at least we have these.