GMPP trailing arms on national backorder?

GutlessSupreme

So in other words, they're discontinued?

Part Number 12498649: Back Ordered (Part is on national backorder with GM, GM does not currently have an ETA for the part to be released. Please email us with your order number and this part number, if you wish to wait or wish to remove the part from your order. The order can not be cancelled, only this part can be removed from the order. Once the part has been released off of backorder the part can not be cancelled.)

...when trying to order them from gmpartsdirect. Figures, I've been putting this off for years and then I get fucked when I finally try to order them :rolleyes:

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• White93z34

• 19Cutlass94

• GutlessSupreme

• Crazy K

Try the dealership, GMPartsDirect is pretty much last in line when it comes to that kind of stuff. Besides, when I priced it out the dealership was cheaper after GMpartsdirect charged all their S&H fees. I just got a pair not too long ago.

EDIT: When I needed a front sway bar for my Grand prix, GMpartsdirect listed it on backorder, but my dealership had it for me in two days and gmpartsdirect still listed it backordered.

Damn, I just bought 2 sets about 3 months ago now, glad I ordered when I did.

But what Mitch said, check with a local dealer.

Damn, I just bought 2 sets about 3 months ago now, glad I ordered when I did.

But what Mitch said, check with a local dealer.

Sell a pair, the price just went up! :lol:

Part Number 12498649: Back Ordered (Part is on national backorder with GM, GM does not currently have an ETA for the part to be released. Please email us with your order number and this part number, if you wish to wait or wish to remove the part from your order. The order can not be cancelled, only this part can be removed from the order. Once the part has been released off of backorder the part can not be cancelled.)

This kind of sounds like, "We're going to screw you one way or another, so you might as well bend over and take it like a man!"

assume I pick up a good used set of trailing arms(cheap). has anyone ever considered getting a set and upgrading the bushings to poly????

Tubular ones or U-channel? If it's U-channel then the weakest part is the bar not the bushing itself.

assume I pick up a good used set of trailing arms(cheap). has anyone ever considered getting a set and upgrading the bushings to poly????

Tubular ones or U-channel? If it's U-channel then the weakest part is the bar not the bushing itself.

I would only grab them if they were totally tubular.... Duh! there are a few impalas in the j/y, one is a 9C1.

I didn't know that any w-bodies got tubular trailing arms stock. That's why I was thinking why would you put poly bushings on U-channel arms, doesn't make sense.

I didn't know that any w-bodies got tubular trailing arms stock. That's why I was thinking why would you put poly bushings on U-channel arms, doesn't make sense.

I have not yet seen one(mostly cause i forget to look), but they are supposed to exist...

IIRC some late grand prix got them (comp g maybe?) and supposedly Police impalas got them. mine are taped and zip tied together with a GMPP sticker stuck on one. and both arms have their own seperate PN on them. I'll have to get that.

as far as I can tell the number we use to order them is a GMPP number for the set, whereas the one printed on them is individual bars. So while the set may not be able to be ordered, maybe buying 2 bars is possible??

I would never drive around with poly on those arms. You NEED to have some minuscule deflection in that direction, otherwise the rear is going to become unstable when taking bumps in the road. If the tubular arms with the rubber bushings are not enough, then I cannot help you :lol:

I would never drive around with poly on those arms. You NEED to have some minuscule deflection in that direction, otherwise the rear is going to become unstable when taking bumps in the road. If the tubular arms with the rubber bushings are not enough, then I cannot help you :lol:

fair enough.

but what if you lived in the land of race car ya-yas

The land where you can't change lanes

The land where large fuzzy dice

Still hang proudly like testicles

From rear view mirrors

and you had to replace the bushings?

I have not yet seen one(mostly cause i forget to look), but they are supposed to exist...

Not round tubular, but square tubing and its offset a little for tire clearence..

Certain years Impala SS and Monte Carlo SS vehicles got them.. I think the 9C1 Impalas MIGHT have got them as well.. GPs NEVER got them stock, even the GTP/GXP models..

According to Summit Racing and Jegs there is a 3-4 week waiting period before they ship.

On a side note I thought about replacing the stock bushings in my trailing arms (the GMPP ones)but like Broan said you need some kind of deflection in that area.

I have the BMR trailing arms with the poly bushings and theres no problem. You need more deflection in the lateral links than you do in the trailing arms.

I have the BMR trailing arms with the poly bushings and theres no problem. You need more deflection in the lateral links than you do in the trailing arms.

I dont like to argue especially since Im no expert on suspension geonomics (LOL is that a word) but I have poly bushings in my lateral arms and the car seems to handle just fine with them. The ride is a little more stiff and you feel some more of the bumps, but seems to be doing just fine otherwise.

I dont like to argue especially since Im no expert on suspension geonomics (LOL is that a word) but I have poly bushings in my lateral arms and the car seems to handle just fine with them. The ride is a little more stiff and you feel some more of the bumps, but seems to be doing just fine otherwise.

Thats why you need more deflection there to prevent the stiffer ride so the suspension can move more.

? part # 12498649... $41.60.. is available

I just bought moog tubular trailing arms for $33 each on rockauto and virtually free shipping since it was part of a larger order.

$41.60 sounds a bit steep unless someone presumes to think that they're better than the moog ones. I also picked up some lateral link bushings since mine have been shot for the past 2 years.