88 Regal upgrades?

Liquid_Neon_00

What are some easy junkyard parts i could steal from other W's to improve the ride/handling of my waterbed suspension buick? I dont EVER expect it to be anything amazing.... but jsut better.

I have searched a couple times but nothing really answered my questions.

Like do 1990 gtp grand prix have the biggest sway bars that bolt into my buick, or what kind of stock shox would ride the best since i have to replace mine anyway? any kind of info liek this would be great and i thank everyone in advance :)

I think pulling the sway bars from a GP GTP or a Lumina Z34 should help with that considerably. As far as shocks go, you'll have to replace them with KYB GR2's as previously mentioned. That's really all I can think of unless you want to start pulling springs.

Does anyone know if the front springs on a GTP or Z34 were the same as the ones on the landyacht regals? Mine had an insane amount of travel before I put the ST springs in.

Does anyone know if the front springs on a GTP or Z34 were the same as the ones on the landyacht regals? Mine had an insane amount of travel before I put the ST springs in.

There were like 10-15 different springs on the 1 and 1.5 gens.

I cannot, for the life of me, find the code list anymore though.

I'd try to find a set of FUZ springs.

no wonder my car dropped so low after the lowering springs went in. with the 235/60/15's I had in there before I could fit a whole fist vertically and 2 fingers. massive amount of travel. now I can only fit one finger.

Good info on the springs, when i get around to popping in new shox i will deff look at some OE GP springs. I hate how my boat/buick drives :biggrin:

I feel your pain.

Right now I have a cutty convertible front strut tower bar and it really tightened up the feel of the car, and the addition of 16" rims made the car much more "confident" feeling.

I'll be going FE3 pretty soon (Z34 springs, swaybars, wheels etc) I hope to see a good improvement.

I also see no reason to replace the rear away bar with the larger Z34 one as the TGP uses the same base bar and it handles great as is, no need to make the rear end stiffer and slide around even more than it already does.