'98 Regal GS Strut hardware

iTurbo

Hello again

I have a question about the spring seats that go in the strut assembly for a '98 Regal GS (Turbosedan's car). Josh and I put one of the struts together last February; I helped him but didn't pay any particular attention to the assembly details. A few months later, one of my friends helped me put the other strut together. We used the strut that Josh and I assembled as a guide.

The 'problem' is with the spring seats. For some reason, Josh decided to eliminate the lower spring seat, and use the upper spring seat on the bottom?! Not really sure why he did it that way and I figure he must have had a reason for doing it this way so I duplicated that on the other strut. Seems fine though; would just like some opinions on this and wether I should disassemble them and put them back together with the old seats in their 'normal' configuration. My only guess is that he was trying to lower the car another 3/8".

i imagine this will be noisy. If it isnt, then roll with it. Shouldn't harm anything IMO.

OK thanks. It doesn't look like it will cause any issues, and using the upper seat on the lower works nice. Spring still sits in it just like it should and we were careful to clock everything just right. BTW, the struts are Monroe Sensatracs with OEM springs from a GTP.

I know on my own car (Shelby Lancer) I eliminated the lower spring seats and didn't have any issues. On that car I have Eibach springs and the front sits a little higher than the rear so I took them off to get the front down a little more.

Quick question regarding the strut-to-knuckle bolts...

Do the bolts with the splines go in from the front (nut on rearward side) or vice-versa?

Quick question regarding the strut-to-knuckle bolts...

Do the bolts with the splines go in from the front (nut on rearward side) or vice-versa?

Need to look at the gtp? I can't quite remember which way they went.